Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Newbie and first post.
I'm a new XD40 owner, just picked it up from local gunstore a week ago. Thanks to this site, it help me decide and pick what I wanted. Very happy with my XD40 5" Tactical. Shot 400 rounds so far over the weekend and maybe 200 more rounds by tonight. No malfuntion whatsoever. Pretty accurate if not anyways I know its me for I only been shooting for 5 months using friends and rental guns. When I picked up this gun, the guy who sold me the gun showed me a SigP226 used on sale for $400. It claims only been shot 400-500 rounds owned by an old lady that trade it in for a .22. Is this a good deal? Is this gun a good gun to play with in the range. Don't get me wrong love my XD and will continue shooting it but .40 cal. does get a little bit pricy. With this I could shoot maybe 300 rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of my XD40. Plus I will use my XD more for home security. I heard I could buy a barell to switch to 9mm is that worth it. Need your input and thoughts as I know you guys have the most experience.......the SigP229 looks brand new and fits perfect in my hand too!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the club Pido11!

The XD40 tac is a great gun (I have one also). I do not have the 9mm conversion barrel, but hear good things about it. I'm sure more people will chime in about the barrel later.

The Sig P226 is a good firearm. The price you mentioned ($400) is a good price for a P226 if it's in the condition you stated. Sig P226's are issued to the US Navy SEALs, Federal agents, and numerous law enforcement agencies including the Texas Rangers, Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Michigan State Police (as stated in their web site). Not a bad resume for a gun.

Enjoy the XD!

Edit cuz I dont know the difference between a 9 and a 6 :?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congrats on your new .40 ).

Just from the description you gave on the P226, my first reaction was "And she only drove it to church on Sundays, right?" I dunno...$400 is a good price for that gun, but I'd want to use it with a lot of different kinds of ammo before dropping four bills.

Of course, that also assumes you've gone through the other questions, like...

What are you intending to use it for?
Do you really need it?
Will a 9mm conversion barrel for your .40 accomplish the same job?
How much can you resell it for if/when you get tired of it?

Whatever your decision is, best of luck -

T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I will put it on lay away and hopefully I can get it in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it is after I shoot it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on the new XD. :D

Is the SIG a 229 or 226? You said both in your post. 8)

Regardless of which it is.. Jump on it! What does it come with for mags? I have a Sig P228 (roll stamped steel slide 9mm twin to the milled steel P229) and it is my favorite pistol in the whole world. It is 1993 vintage west German and is my pride and joy. Not putting down my XD40 at all mind you.. I love 'em both. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts