Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after picking up my XDm this last weekend, I decided to break down and get some Dons guide rods, been meaning to do it for a while, so order off to XDguys on Saturday, got them today. I got them for the XD45 DET and my XDm OD, I got a 2nd for the XD45 bi-tone on layaway. I also had a spare set of TFOs laying around waiting to the gun so I guess I will have to send the slide in to get them sights on while I am going since I leave for a few months next Saturday. I also took a few photos of my other XDs with the TFOs and a very poor night shot. I swear my camera skills are worse than the typical jr high student. They rears look yellow but the camera keeps making them green, but atleast I caught a half way decent picture of them in total darkness.

Now I just need to figure out a trigger I like. Anyone have and suggestions?

Dons guide rods and spare TFOs yellow green combo

The other Dons view

TFOs already installed, L to R, XD45 5" DET, XD45 comp, XD40 SC

The poor night shot. I know I need practice and training.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SPOOLUP, What is the procedure to install these sight's. Can it be done in house or do they need to be installed by a Smith?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After hearing stories on here and other places about the front sight, I just paid the $20 to get them installed at a local shop, took 3 days each. Not to bad. He uses some sort of hydrolic setup. He did the first one with no scratch on the barrel and just a little mark on the sight where the push was made. He has done 3 since and the 4th will be dropped off probally the day I leave and the girl will pick to up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So you mind PM'ing me a link to those sites? I don't think I will find this thread again. Thanks. I love the yellow and green sites.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
So you mind PM'ing me a link to those sites? I don't think I will find this thread again. Thanks. I love the yellow and green sites.
You can always find this thread.

Click on Search > Advanced Search > put your username in the "search by user" field and make sure "find all posts by user" is selected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts