Springfield XD Forum banner

New XD Tactical - Range Report & Pict

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Silk-XD 
I love my tactical, it is a great shooter. I put in a 20 lb increased power Wolf Spring in it, best idea I had. It now comes right back on target after each shot. Best thing about the springs is that the Tactical models use standard 1911 government springs, which you can find everywhere.
I got it for my 21st birthday and could not be happier.

Silk-XD said:
Will that 20lb spring work with any kind of 9mm ammo? Like your standard CCI Blaser 115gr FMJ? Just curious.
JJM
The standard 5" model spring weight is 18lb. With the 20lb spring I have used WWB 115gr FMJ, Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ, and Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ all with no problems. I know some people use a 22lb but I think that would be a little too much. Like I was saying with the 20lb I can shoot and have the same sight picture after every shot. It brings it back onto target better than the 18lb was doing for me. And if it doesn't work for you, it is like a $7-8 investment and you could give it to a buddy with a 1911 if you wanted because they use the same spring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.