Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Mr. Guffey has done a fabulous job with the Armed Citizen website. There is so much information on that site, that I encourage everyone to take a moment to just browse. The information on knives is very informative!

Old School

·
Registered
49 Posts
It seems so difficult to find good info on XD Sub Compacts. I am glad there is a dedicated site.

ppmd

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I wonder if there is a site dedicated to the XDSC 9mm that only have Heinie sights. We need more specialization!!

joking, no sarcasm intended.

·
Registered
49 Posts
retired said:
I wonder if there is a site dedicated to the XDSC 9mm that only have Heinie sights. We need more specialization!!

joking, no sarcasm intended.
Retired,

I appreciate your comments. I have been lurking for a while before I bought my XD40 Sub Compact. Now an owner, I had to discover after wading through a bunch of posts here and at other sites before I figured out that:

1. 12 round capacity magazine SLEEVES are not sold separately and are currently unavailable. Sleeves are only being shipped with a new gun currently. I bought my XD40 Sub Compact for CCW, and the 12rd/10rd magazines simply protrude too much from the bottom of the gun.

2. There (apparently) is no "spring" or guide rod replacement for the 3" Sub Compact, but they are readily available for the 4" and 5" XD models.

3. 9 round capacity magazines are difficult to find (Springfield is running behind / backordered).

4. No conversion barrels are available for the XD-40 Sub Compact.

These are just a few issues which I wish could be placed in a FAQ so others don't have to search high-and-low to find this info. Despite the above, I am still very happy with my XD-40 Sub Compact (bitone). Love the size, accuracy, and reliability.

I look forward to that site getting up and running full-bore.

ppmd

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
According to the sight, the gun comes in 9mm, .40 caliber and .357 Sig.

XD Compact Specifications:
Available Calibers: 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W
(.45 GAP available for 4" & 5" models only)

Lower down on the page it talks about availability.

* Availability: 9mm almost everywhere, .40S&W often on backorder
.357 SIG probably special order

I have never heard of a .357 Subcompact. It is not mentioned on the (recently updated) Springfield web site either.

I wonder if this is a mistake, or if the .357 is something you CAN special order. Although it would make sense that if you could, there would be some reference to it on the SA site.

I love my 9mm. I have no interest in the .40, but the .357 would be a different story for me personally. Of course so would the .45 GAP in a Subcompact.

All I would need to do is figure out a way to justify buying another SC. I guess I should be glad that as of now I can't see a way to get one, so that's saving me a chunk of change.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong but the XD is not a DAO trigger and there is no .357SIG in the subcompact as stated on this site.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm new to the XD Family, but I have yet to see a 357 in a subcompact. As far as the action goes, there are some people arguing different points as to what constitues a DAO. I think most of this comes from conflicting opinions about the safety features and the striker being held back under tension when a round is chambered. :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
therooster said:
yeah... i tried to register and never recieved an activation link.

still waiting.
Hmmm....it shows you on the member list.

I got my activation link instantly.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I don't mean this as a flame post, but I'm wondering what is the purpose of the saxd.net site. We have this xd site which is all about the xd. Within this forum, on the General non XD forum, various questions on a whole array of subjects, including different weapons are discussed. Plus, we have numerous other forums on the HS2000talk.com site.

I did go to saxd.net and read 99% of the posts, but, and maybe it's just me, but why another site on the same subject? I know, I know, it's anyone's right to have their own sight and I don't have to go there if I don't want to, but I am trying to understand what prompted the owner to start it, when this site already exists on the same gun. Is there something on that site being offered that doesn't exist on HS200talk? I don't see it, tho that may be the intent as it grows. I do know that I recognize many of the members there as being members here, so perhaps they can answer my question if the owner is not able to post here.

Again, I am not trying to flame the other site, I am just curious as to why it exists other than it can. Thanks. :?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tend to agree with retired. Especially since it's being spammed on hs2000talk.com :X Anyway, just my .02--post on!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts