Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I've recently purchased an XD 9 Subcompact after researching it on several websites including this one. I do not know much about handguns but a few months ago I inherited an older 22 from my dad. Most people I talked to said the 22 wasnt very good for self/home defense so I purchased my XD.

I have not put any rounds thru the XD yet, but I should go to the shooting range next week sometime.

I will probably be more of a lurker on this board, but I wanted to introduce myself.

I am going for my CCW in late Dec or early Jan hence why I bought the XD SC.

Any advice would be appreciated as I learn. I will have some specific questions about cleaning/oiling/taking care of my XD as I wont shoot it much but I want it to work if/when (God forbid) I need it.

James in Denver

EDIT: My SC is brand new, test round (in the little pouch) fired in Oct 2008 :)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome to the XD world from East Texas. Sounds like this will be your first experience with a gun like this. My XD9sc is more accurate than me but it will take some practice to get used to the way it shoots, flips (kicks), etc. Go slow and give it time. There are a lot of threads here on proper grip and shooting technique. Read, practice, dry fire at home (bullets and mag in another room for safety), and before you know it you will be looking for another XD to keep your new one company.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
James, welcome to the forum from the Chicago burbs. Happy shooting!!

·
Premium Member
127,768 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
536 Posts
welcome from Chicago suburbs!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
welcome from NY! feel free to ask as many questions as you can. take it from another newbie, the guys on this forum are great and will give you great answers to your questions. Remember that there are no stupid questions, just people who are too stupid to ask a question. Have fun, shoot safe and shoot often!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts