Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great State of New York finally approved my CCW permit last week and I got the call today that my new XD-S 9mm has been endorsed onto the CCW permit. After paying off the balance of the XD this weekend, I get my endorsed permit on Tuesday and can then pick up my new pistol.

Can't wait to get out to the range and get some quality time in with the new gun.:cool:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the new gun!

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Sweet!! Nice buy!

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats on the XDS :) I've got 500 rounds down range through my 2 week old XDS 9mm 4.0 Absolutely love the thing. Just orderd two more 9 round mags direct from SA. 30% off sale now. Retired my old G19 Gen 2 for the XDS.

·
Registered
228 Posts
congrats... is it only in upstate NY that you can have a ccw? I know that in nyc it's a no no...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congrats on the new firearm. I held an XDs a few weeks ago and it just didn't feel right in my hand. Guess I'll be hanging on to my XDM for a few more years!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My XDS is with the gunsmith now, trigger kit and he is adjusting the sear angle. I really liked it pre-recall, but post recall, the trigger just doesn't feel good to me, especially compared to my XD40sc and service and Sig.

Yes, triggers are a personal preference, and I hope it works for you. Actually I would not be that unhappy with it, if the XDS was my only gun, but when I shoot it on the same range trip with my XD's (2 different guns) and my Sig, it just doesn't compare, thus my decision to have it adjusted. Otherwise it is a great gun, easy IWB carry, and at 7 +1 or 9 +1 a good carry option, especially in your state. Gunsmith guarantees it will be better than the original (he has been been installing a lot in XDS's since the kits have been available).

Compared to my XD40's, I do find the narrow back strap plus the aggressive texture to make my hand a little tender after a 100 or so rounds, but will be addressing that by installing Talon grips when I get it back from the gunsmith. It doesn't fit my hand as well as a double stack, but the thinness of the single stack is why I have it, for carry.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
UPDATE: Even though it is a little late.

Got my XDS back from being upgraded, trigger definitely heavier, but not a big deal, but it had a 'gritty' feel.

After a range trip where I shot my favorite (XD40sc) with a really sweet trigger, my fairly new Sig P238 with short SA only trigger, and my XDS, I left the XDS with the gunsmith for a trigger job. I had put probably 500 rounds through it since I got it back, and it just never got any better.

Well I have it back, he put in a power river spring kit, plus polished and adjusted the angle of the sear.

I'm back in love with my XDS! The trigger is lighter, probably a little lighter than before the recall, but more importantly it is smoother than a babies backside.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congrats on the new XDS 9. Its a sweet gun. Sure , the pre recall trigger was a little lighter but the post recall trigger is a smooth trigger with a crisp break. You're probably going to have to break the trigger in on this gun. It does lighten up some with use. I think its the best gun in its class.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats. Have an XDS 9mm 4.0 and truly enjoy shooting it. It's a little harder to find a good CCW holster for it, but the holster manufacturers are starting to catch up now. Enjoy the improved accuracy over the 3.3 at longer ranges.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
The great State of New York finally approved my CCW permit last week and I got the call today that my new XD-S 9mm has been endorsed onto the CCW permit. After paying off the balance of the XD this weekend, I get my endorsed permit on Tuesday and can then pick up my new pistol.

Can't wait to get out to the range and get some quality time in with the new gun.:cool:

Congrats brother, I am waiting on another paycheck and I am going for mine, XDs .45 3.3" Can't wait. Are you going to get the Pearce Grip pinky extension? I think I am going to get a couple and see if they make a difference as far as printing during Concealed Carry. I like them because they aren't huge like the Mag extensions which defeat the purpose of the XDs. I just have big hands and hate that I cant get but just a couple of fingers on it, my pinky finger doesn't know how to act.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Congrats! I love both of my XDS's 3.3's, The SS two tone 9mm and reg .45, Talon Grips all mags with extension's and pinky extensions both for CCW!

View attachment 28551

Hey Tcbkkb, how do you like the Pearce Grip Extensions so far? Do you notice them at all when you carry? Do they print at all? I definitely want to try a couple when I pick up my 3.3" .45.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts