Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i called springfield today to get my promo stuff for my xd9 sub and the lady told me that for february they are running a deal for i believe the 4" barrel, xd 9 and 40 to get a ported barrel for the same price as without. dont really remember for sure if its for the 9 and 40, but i know for sure its for one of them.

what is so special about the ported barrel though? should i go out and buy one this weekend?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
That makes no sense.......

You can't put a 4" ported in a 4" unported....

·
Registered
161 Posts
More than likely what he is talking about is getting the ported model for the same price as the unported, not just a ported barrel on an unported slide(that would be a bad, bad day at the range).

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes she said you have to order the ported model, but it is the same price as the non-ported. man at least one person read between the lines.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
xd 9 and 40 to get a ported barrel for the same price as without.
A barrel and a gun are not the same thing. If I sold you a ported barrel, I would not be selling you a gun.

If "not reading between the lines" is the same as "assuming the person typing didn't mean what they said", then, yeah, that's me.

Ported is nice for range work. Not so hot for concealed carry. Why?

Go with the unported if it's for carry.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cool Pic. Reminds me of watching night races at the drag strip.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I could care less about the nightvision except in a dark building... It's the fact that it's so much louder and I have to extend it away from me to shoot. None of this C.A.R. technique stuff, no firing from retention...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts