Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day in a gun store, I saw the "XD Gear" paddle holster on sale for $34. Checking it out, it seemed beefy. Anyone have one?

·
Registered
381 Posts
There have been mixed reviews here. And, I think some people have been selling theirs in the classifieds. For a lot less than $34. Find a southpaw who got one with the deal. We've got no use for them.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
For the record, I like mine. Doesn't work well for CC, but it wasn't designed for that. Makes a great camping/range holster.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just bought one of these from EX_DE-NYN.

It was tight- real tight. SFA built ridges into them that index the light rail grooves, which adds to the "grip" on the gun. I could barely draw the gun from it. Since this holster was to be for my wife, this needed some attention.

I fixed this by removing the pouch from the paddle, and boiling the hell out of it for 3-4 minutes. Be careful that you remove the screws/nuts from the holster before you boil it, or they'll fall out & get lost. I had wrapped her XD in about 6 layers of plastic, then I shoved it into the holster as soon as it came outta the water- and left it until it cooled. Problem solved.

Incidentally, if you happen to have a shooting buddy of the "curvy female variety", these SFA holsters will work real well for them. They set out further from the body than your typical paddle holster, which is something female shooters need. They are also adjustable for drop, which really matters to them since they are generally "short waisted" compared to the typical man. We set Peg's on the third post down, and she likes it better than any holster she has tried.

They are good holsters unless you are intent upon hiding the gun under a loose shirt; they're a little to bulky for that application.

I see a couple others for sale here-
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=20612&highlight=

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ran into the same scenario with the XD Adjustable Paddle ( On sale 30% off right now ). Great concept , but even with the tension adjustment screws totally out I had to two hand draw, POS .So I stripped it down to just the holster . Brought a couple quarts of water to a boil took off the heat , and dropped in the holster for 5 minutes . I ran a double layer of duct tape down both sides the length of the slide and frame , and molded it to the contours . Inserted pistol into holster and just let it cool down to room temp . Now its fully tension adjustable and very smooth . :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts