Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my XD9SC last night and put a box of Winchester White Box through it 10 minutes later. I'm happy with my purchase so far, which is odd becasue I usually get buyers remorse by the time I get home! :lol: This is my first gun, so I am a no0b. I'll be looking around for all the tips I can get though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome to the club!! First things first go for some training its worth the time and money. I too did not suffer from buyers regret, though I rarely do when I buy guns.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I tell ya what....go buy another box of ammo and put through your new XD as fast as you can pull the trigger.....repeat
It doesn't get better than that ! :wink:

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Welcome to the XD club, Sry0fcr! I am a newbie to guns as of Father's Day this year. My first purchase was an XD-9 subbie, too. There are a LOT of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people here. I think you'll enjoy your stay. And enjoy your new XD. I love shooting mine, and my fiancee loves shooting her's, too.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Welcome to the gun nut site!!!

Do you have any questions, big or small, logical or stupid, ask away, thats what we are here for.

So, any questions???

Fire away..........

·
Registered
903 Posts
You should come out to the TXDPSA meeting this Sat. at Top Gun.

Click on the link in my signature and read about us.

Newbie's are always welcome and can participate at whatever level they are comfortable with. In fact, you can even just come and watch. We also go to lunch afterwards for the fellowship factor as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tec said:
Welcome to the gun nut site!!!

Do you have any questions, big or small, logical or stupid, ask away, thats what we are here for.

So, any questions???

Fire away..........
What should I be using to clean it with?

Lumberjack, I was actually planning on going to Top Gun sometime this week. I just might take you up on that offer. :D

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
C.L.P. = clean lubricate protect- one product does it all
or
simple green- rinse well afterwards and use an air conpressor to dry it VERY WELL
or
Blue Wonder makes some products that clean and protect very well

There are many others to use. some stink, odor wise that is, some stink as in they don't clean too well. Trial and error for you.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try Break Free CLP to start with. It is a fairly good cleaner and lubricant. Later you will probably develop you own likes and dislikes for Cleaning Solvent and Lubricant.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Sry0fcr said:
Lumberjack, I was actually planning on going to Top Gun sometime this week. I just might take you up on that offer. :D
Please do, we'd love to have you join us. We meet at 8:30 for a safety meeting, announcements and introductions. We normally finish at about 1:00 and then head out for lunch. You don't have to commit for the whole day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a xd40sc yesterday and put about 150 rounds trough it today. I love it. I shoot it better than my sig 229. for me I actually like it better without the grip ext. ether way these are some great guns. I wish I hadnt waited so long to get the first one. I hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Watch out for that WWB ammo. Many of us have experienced ejection failures, etc. due to that particular ammo as you can see from some of the threads posted here in this forum. Goodluck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I picked up another box of WWB and some CLP today. I'll take anyone's reccomendations on practice ammo. You guys have the experience here.

·
Registered
885 Posts
For range ammo, I use 9mm WWB almost exclusively. I have never had any malfunctions.

Perhaps it's a 9mm vs. 40cal thing. :?:

You should come shoot with us this Saturday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts