Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I purchased my first XD40 yesterday, not to mention my first handgun.

I put 50 rounds through it and loved every single shot. I shot a friends XD40 earlier in the week and decided to pick one up.

I look forward to learning alot from you guys.

--Nick--

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the HS/XD funhouse. Take it apart, clean it, lube it, and go shoot about 500 rds, then repeat the cleaning process. :D
You WILL get some wear marks on the top of the barrel. This is normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah we had a good time. Thats the 3rd or 4th person to buy an XD after shooting mine :)

He got the 40 yesterday and I got the 45 yesterday :D We went straight to the range, did not pass 'go'...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome nmorgan!

Yeah, that's the way it goes. We've all got our stories how we succumbed to the mystical powers of the XD. Mine happened through research for a book I'm writing. I wasn't even in the market for a new gun. Now I have two of 'em!

And they keep making new models...Arrgh!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I know the feeling, I now have two also...great shooting pistols.
I had Sigs and Rock Island 1911 that I traded for my XD's.

·
Registered
539 Posts
impcmonk said:
Then another, then another. It's like crack :wink:
lol...

yea xd's are great... i love my .40 and its taking every bit of my will power not to charge my credit card for another subcompact to match my bitone service .40 hehe.....

Oh and a close second in my mind rite now is a HK USP Compact bitone(last production)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
impcmonk said:
Then another, then another. It's like crack :wink:
lol...

yea xd's are great... i love my .40 and its taking every bit of my will power not to charge my credit card for another subcompact to match my bitone service .40 hehe.....

Oh and a close second in my mind rite now is a HK USP Compact bitone(last production)
I shot my buddies Hk along side my XD. I think the XD shot better.

·
Registered
539 Posts
impcmonk said:
Really?? which HK was it? I shot my buddies standard full size .40 USP along side my xd.40 service and the HK definitely left an impression on me. HOwever, i did find that i prefered the ergonomics and grip of our xd better, the recoil ssystem in that hk is just phenomenal in my opinion. I also like the fact that you can run cocked and locked.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome Nick! You're going to enjoy this place, I promise.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
impcmonk said:
Really?? which HK was it? I shot my buddies standard full size .40 USP along side my xd.40 service and the HK definitely left an impression on me. HOwever, i did find that i prefered the ergonomics and grip of our xd better, the recoil ssystem in that hk is just phenomenal in my opinion. I also like the fact that you can run cocked and locked.
It was the .40 SC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and picked up a cleaning kit and some other nic-nacs today for the XD. Being my first personal weapon, I didn't have anything at the house.

I've been around them my whole life, just never owned one. Should be taking my CCW class sometime in May.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congrats on selecting one of the very best combat pistols...ever. However had I desired a caliber with a little more "oomph" than the 9mm,I'd have went with the .357 sig xd. Never cared for the .40, just an emasculated 10mm really. However,youve made a first rate pick!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I let a coworker shoot my XD, he's a real gun guy, former cop, blah blah blah...He tried not to be impressed but since then he keeps asking me about my XD...how's it working, gee it has a nice trigger...I know he's gonna buy one. 8)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I heartily agree with everyones positive comments on the XD. After being the proud owner for of my 1st XD-40 Tactical, I purchased a second. Love them both. Next will be a sub-compact in .40 SW. Addictive yes--decided I need to by ammo in bulk to save gas going to and from the gunstore. Helps to have a backyard range, no fee's, and dinner is included. Curt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts