Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all for North East Florida, New to the XD family and thought I'd introduce myself. 6 months ago I purchased a Ruger LC9 for my CCW and found I didn't like how it handled plus a few other details that you don't find out until you OWN it. As a long time Colt 1911 owner, I was looking for something alittle smaller to carry everyday. Happen on a local shop with a sale on XD sub-compacts so I picked up a 9mm. After shooting it for awhile, I liked how it handled, so I added a XD 40 4inch Service Model. I just sold the Ruger and will be going out this week to purchase another XD as to which model I'll get it's still up in the air. My choices are XDs either 9mm or 45 or XDM in 45. Thanks for reading

docand

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!
All things considered, I'd lean toward the XDs 45. Really unique piece.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
howdy, greetings and congrats!

my inflation-adjusted $0.04--get an XDm instead of the XDS unless you can rent one first; there are a number of threads posted about issues arising from the transition from XD/XDm platforms to the XDS--personally I couldn't get used to it and prefer my SubComp .40 for carry

Not bashing the XDS, just saying it isn't a good fit for everyone and given your recent LCP dump, seems a doublestacker fits better

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I came back to the xd40 after foolishly letting my first one go a few years back. Won't be making that mistake again.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
welcome....my CCW is the XD 40 service model....a very, very nice gun!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
My CCW guns are an XD sub 40, and XDS 9. My bedside gun is an XD service 45. Try them all out. I do want a XDM, 40 or 45 but I'm not about to sell any of my guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts