Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm Tony and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I have been carrying the PX4 Storm 9mm SC but just could not get as accurate with it as I wanted. I rented the XD, Glock 26 and M&P9 and was able to shoot better with them than my Storm. I was shooting down and left. If I concentrated real hard and took my time I could be near target with the Storm but I was afraid of what would happen in an emergency...maybe with innocent people near the BG.

After much research, I chose the XD 9mm SC and got it Tuesday! I haven't fired it yet (rented one as I mentioned). I love the backstrap and trigger safety. I also love the constant trigger pull. The Storm's first pull is long and heavy. While my Storm still is comfortable to handle, the XD is going to be my new carry gun. I took an Old Faithful holster I got for the Storm and fitted it with a heat gun for the XD and now I have a nice rig. I have a Crossbreed for the Storm but I love the way my new rig fits.

I think I made a right decision and look forward to breaking in my new carry. :)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats on the best gun you'll ever own and welcome from Seattle

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats on the XD! Welcome to the forum from louisiana!

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Shooting down and left sounds like your anticipating the recoil and are right handed. You may want to work on that. My girlfriend was have the same trouble with her glock and was able to correct it by taking a basic shooting course with an good instructor. Try working with snap caps when you go to the range. I believe that's the best way to see how your pulling your gun down when anticipating the recoil. Goodluck and shot safe.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Washington!

·
Premium Member
23,690 Posts
hello from north of yu 50 miles,