Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, had my XD40 about a week now, and have not had any major problems just 2 small things.

1. I cannot get 12 rounds into one of my 12 round magazines, even tried using the HKS mag loader from pistol-gear.com and it still wont fit.

2. Every once in a while out of the maybe 300 rounds i have put through the pistol, after i shoot the last round the slide doesnt lock, it just goes forward like it did when there were rounds loading into the chamber.

Thanks for the help guys and i really like this forum. 8)

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Branden,

The springs on new mags are VERY tight. May I suggest you load out your mags and leave the full overnight. This will help loosen the spring, as will more shooting. :)

As for the slide not locking back, it may be a magazine issue, however its likely to be a "thumb" issue. Is there a chance your thumb is resting or hitting the slide release button? I mention this because I have thousands of rounds through my XDs, and once in awhile, I do just this very thing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
91 Posts
I, too, just bought a new XD-40 and had some trouble with stiff springs in the 12 rd mags. It took some effort, but I got 12 rounds in each one of them. I am going to have to buy a magazine loader ASAP. I also noticed that the magazine release buttin is VERY stiff. Anyone have suggestions on how to loosen either one of these items up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott, that could very well be the problem. If my finger is resting on the slide release could that be enough to keep it from locking? I'm pretty sure my finger IS usually resting on the slide release, so i may have to try to keep it below it and see if that fixes the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts