Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new xd sub9 last month with night sights. since the first time shooting it the front sight moves to the right. I have had it reset twice so far and now I can push it back with my finger. A buddy of mine got his about 2 weeks ago and his is moving also.

Anyone else seen this and what can I do about it. The dealer has reset it twice

I love the gun so this is just a small thing, I plan to get the trigger done this winter by Canyon Creek.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unbelievable, usually the XD sights are set so firmly you have to destroy the sight getting them off. Maybe there were so many complaints that the factory is making a bigger dovetail cut. Use Loctite and it should hold, if it still comes loose; Springfield needs to replace the slide....

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Remove the sight and use a spring loaded punch to dimple the bottom of the sight in several places, put a small drop of red locktite on it and tap it back into place, should never move again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is Crazy!!! I purchased my XD 9SC last month with night sights. I went to the range for the first time today and was hitting all over the target. I had someone else try it and they didnt even hit the paper! Needless to say I was pretty bummed out. I cleaned it when I got home and was scrubing the slide and the front sight was moving side to side! I can just push it with with my finger that easily!!!!!!!!! Hmmm. I did like the way it shot though, and no FTF or FTE with 3 different kinds of ammo : )

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I have 3 XD's and they all have unbelievably tight sights. I bought a Sig that had a sloppy fit so its not just the XD's that can have a problem. If it makes you feel any better, I have personaly seen Glock sights fall off as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ichy_trigger said:
Remove the sight and use a spring loaded punch to dimple the bottom of the sight in several places, put a small drop of red locktite on it and tap it back into place, should never move again.
Thanks for the help. Beating on the small sight with a punch will not hurt the night sight? Or should it be done in the slide?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts