Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having spent weeks on the internet researching different handguns and shooting with a couple of friends who both own several, I was real close to buying a glock until I actually held an XD. The Glock can't hold a candle to the XD for ergonomics, price or features. So I went with an
XD-40 service model. When I asked a gun shop owner the differences between the Glock and the XD he said, "well, the glock is 1970's technology and now we have the XD." That summed it up for me.
Plus I had read to many instances where Glocks barrels don't fully support the 40 S&W round and have a reputation for 6 o'clock kabooms on the side of the shell casing that sticks out behind the feed ramp.I have seen pictures and read testamonies from Glock owners. I took out my XD barrel and dropped a round in and it looked fully supported to me. To me this is an additional safety feature that rarely gets talked about.

I have ordered a pacmyer rubber grip (I tend to get sweaty palms) and a Dons guide rod w/ wolff #22 spring as initial upgrades. Is there anything else that would be initially helpful to this guns performance that you can suggest?

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
AMMO and a membership to a nice shooting range. Practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
885 Posts
hobocircus said:
AMMO and a membership to a nice shooting range. Practice makes perfect.
Agreed!
Also, if you find the Pachmayr grips add too much girth to the grip, you may want to look into the 'skateboard' grip tape.
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new gun!

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
good choice, let me guess u went to gander mountain?

i hear ya on the supported chamber. id only shoot glock in 9mm. congrats. dons guide rod might take a little bite out of the recoil for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts