Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was checking gallery of guns and they show a new xdm with pictures coming soon, it seems to have several configurations called "elite"

Have not found anything on this anywhere else, has anybody else seen anything, I am sure some have but can not say, but what about everyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
29,575 Posts
Hmm.

Flat triggers, memory bump grip safety, magwell...nice upgrades.

Wonder how much extra they'll cost?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hmm.

Flat triggers, memory bump grip safety, magwell...nice upgrades.

Wonder how much extra they'll cost?
MSRP $709 on the OSP version, $559 on non-OSP 3.8” and 4.5” versions, $653 on the “Target” 5.25” version

Not bad...

·
Registered
18,668 Posts
It’s all about the trigger.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It’s all about the trigger.
Undoubtedly. Once you get past emotional attachments, an auto loader is about trigger, sights, and whether you can put rounds on target efficiently and accurately with reliability. What I’ve found is while my XDM does most of those things well, the trigger falls short of my better autoloaders, so it is not my first choice.

(I understand replacement triggers are available and prefer not to install them in my carry pistols for undefined, illogical personal reasons).

Still like the XD/XDM line, still own three. Wouldn’t whine if I had to carry one. But they have to address the trigger in their stock models.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Undoubtedly. Once you get past emotional attachments, an auto loader is about trigger, sights, and whether you can put rounds on target efficiently and accurately with reliability. What I’ve found is while my XDM does most of those things well, the trigger falls short of my better autoloaders, so it is not my first choice.

(I understand replacement triggers are available and prefer not to install them in my carry pistols for undefined, illogical personal reasons).

Still like the XD/XDM line, still own three. Wouldn’t whine if I had to carry one. But they have to address the trigger in their stock models.
What's your first choice?

·
Registered
18,668 Posts

Agree. No more Grip Zone “improvement”, if you’re trying to produce an enhanced version to kick start sales it’s time to fix the trigger. Think PPQ, M&P 2.0, or VP9.

Reactions: MN_Drew

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Flat trigger. Curved trigger. I really could care less. Flat trigger faces have been all the rage in the tacticool community for the past couple of years, after bleeding through from the competition side, but really, I couldn't care less.

Just give me an improved trigger.

·
Registered
194 Posts

It's time to get a little crazy with your logic. Walk on the wild side, or something.
I'm fussy about triggers. I've been spoiled by a 1911 with a sweet, tuned trigger. I am skeptical about anything that will compromise the reliability of a gun.
Enough.
Put a PRP Easy Fit or Drop In in your XDM. You can take it out and go back to stock later. You won't though.

Reactions: LRJammer

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's like going from touching it yourself to the girl down the block touching it... yeah!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts