Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made the plunge and bought a XD-M 40 earlier today. I was loading up some mags in order to get the gun ready for a range trip tomorrow. I noticed with 15 rounds in the mags it is very difficult to depress the mag release. Without the rounds in the mag it is still a little sticky, but veyr hard with rounds in. Has anyone had experience with this. This is not the firs ttime shooting a SA XD, but I cannot recall having the issue before.

All help is appreciated.

P.S. Thanks for having the great forum.

Tackhammer

·
Registered
309 Posts
It should work itself in with use. Do what i did when i got mine. Just keep putting a mag in and press the release. Do this a bunch of times. It will smooth out just fine. :)

·
Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Funny you should mention your mag release buttons being very stiff with a FULL or nearly full mag--say 8 to 13 or even 15 rounds

I'm having the very same problem with my brand new unfired XD 5" .45 thumb safety model. Smooth empty, hard full up with 13 .45 rounds.

Can't get to the range until sometime next week. Been running the usual drills until then using cheapo 230gr. FMG Wally Wang ammo.

Not chambering yet. Not safe in my apartment. He he he. If only the neighbors knew what I was doing...over and over and over.

It's probably no big deal. Do a detail strip, clean, then goop up everything real heavy with lube. Then start running drills. Work the buttons.

Bet after a couple hundred mag drops both sides with empty, kinda full and full mags (BE SAFE!) the buttons will smooth out. :) :) :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Of the 2 mags for my xdm, I couldn't even load the 16th round in the mag it was so tight. I kept 10 rounds in one of them for a couple of days and tried loading it again and no problem. I also had a difficult time with the mag release and again kept the 10 rounds in it and it loosened up. I think it just needs a break in period for the mags as well. I've put about 500 rounds throught mine this week and it just keeps getting better. I've not had a single failure...knock on wood... and I'm headed out again tomorrow.:razz:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
When you want to drop a fully loaded mag from your gun push up on the bottom of the mag while you hit the mag release. The mag release button will be easy to push and the mag will slide out free and easy!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the good tips. I thought it would be something to work itself out, but wanted to check. I'll keep pushing on it till it conforms.

Tackhammer

·
Registered
165 Posts
Doesn't matter the gun model or the magazine type, New magazines are always stiff. I personally never load to the maximum count, this almost always guarantees a problem. Sometimes with older magazines I've had success, but I still don't push my rule.
30 rds-28
10rds-9
At least one less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts