Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

This will be my first post on XD forum. I picked up a new XD (M) 9mm today for under $600.00. The shop didn't have any extra mags so I was wondering if anyone had a link to mags.

TIA

Standard XD (M) pic below

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Missouri.

At this time your best bet is to send in your coupons and wait. See thread on mags. They say four to six week wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought two extra mags from my local dealer after I bought my XDm a few months ago.

Check with your local gun shops. If we have them in this area, chances are you'll have them where you live.

By the way - did you get the impression from all those Springfield ads that the XDm package came with three mags?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't seen the ads so I can't say. I just noticed the XDM at the last gun show and thought I would pick one up at this gun show last week but people were asking wayyy to much for them. I went into my local gun shop and they had exactly the one I was looking for so I picked it up.

I sent the form out today for the 2 free mags. Now the wait.

Just wanted to pick up a couple more. I'll check the other shops in the area this weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There was a pile of 16 rd 40's at the last gun show in New Orleans. They were all loose, looked used, and the kicker => 35 bucks a pop.

·
Registered
463 Posts
People might be finding XDM .40 mags but the 9mm mags are not available right now since all of SA's XDM 9mm mag production is going to new guns, The gear up promotion, and then to fill orders placed by suppliers like www.xdguys.com, in that order.

I sent in my rebate for the two promo mags about a month ago, and I ordered two xdm 9mm mags from xdguys at the same time. I haven't received either yet. At this point you just have to wait.

XD guys sent me an email on monday that said this

"Hello and thank you for putting your trust into the XDGuys. In today's tough economic and political times, Springfield Armory (and XDGuys) has seen a phenominal growth in business since the elections. So much so, that Springfield Armory cannot fulfill orders fast enough, which in turn means we cannot fill all of our orders in a timely fashion either. Springfield Armory has told us that they are putting a priority on fulfilling orders for their handgun and rifle sales, first, and accessories second. Everyone that has ordered XD magazines (including the outrageously popular XD(M) 9mm) will be getting their orders as soon as Springfield releases the parts to us. We were informed the delay could be as much as two weeks (as of 11/18/2008). The XDGuys wanted to absolutely assure you that your orders will be filled immediately upon receipt of the magazines from Springfield. We apologize for this delay! There is likely to be a price increase on magazines in the very near future, but rest assured, if you have ordered already, you will receive the lower price.
Thank you for your continued patience and patronage!"

·
Registered
439 Posts
We will update everyone on this real soon.
gunnewb has it right on the money!

·
Registered
72 Posts
i bought two extra mags from my local dealer after i bought my xdm a few months ago.

Check with your local gun shops. If we have them in this area, chances are you'll have them where you live.

By the way - did you get the impression from all those springfield ads that the xdm package came with three mags?
lmao

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went to purchase my new xdm 9MM on 10-08-08 only to find the dealer was sold out. They ordered my gun and the two extra mags I wanted. the gun came in three weeks later still no mags. hoping to hear something soon.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The XDm 9mm is still very new. Finding one in stock at a local dealer is near impossible. I had to travel 280 miles to a shop in seattle for mine and, while i didnt know it at the tim, i payed $50 too much for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The XDm 9mm is still very new. Finding one in stock at a local dealer is near impossible. I had to travel 280 miles to a shop in seattle for mine and, while i didnt know it at the tim, i payed $50 too much for it.
Sounds like my XDm-9 story. Luckily, I don't live that far from Seattle. just this week, I noticed that the Cabela's, Sportmen's Warehouse and the local stores have them all in stock now.

I suspect that the rumors were true and that the XDm-9s went into general release 12/1 to all stores and not just select dealers.

-Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts