Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, the county said I was finally cooled down, so I picked up my XDm 9mm, 4.5", all black, just before lunch.

Of course, I had to stop my the range during lunch.

Shoots just like my old 4" xd 9mm. Sweet. I put the first 3 rounds right through the middle of the bullseye, then got excited, and drifted back to my normal groupings.

Had to show the buds after work, too, so I ended up putting 100 rounds downrange yesterday.

Like everyone notices, I think the trigger is the only thing that I could have complained about, but even so, it's not bad.

Lucky for me, I had put an order into PRP last week for their PRP Ultimate Match Target Trigger Kit, which came in about 2 days and has been sitting patiently on the workbench.

Last night, I got it installed, and stuck very closely to the PRP youtube video, parts 1 and 2. I'm not going to post any pictures of the install (I know many of you have already done this or seen it), and because it went exactly like the video:

1) I had to file down about 0.001" from the underside of the back of the sear.
2) I did NOT have to file the sear to be any thinner.
3) I had a little trouble getting everything back installed at first, but I rewatched the video, and followed his order exactly, and it was easy as pie.
4) On the overtravel stop, I followed the xd (not xdm) video where he reassembles the gun, puts tape behind the trigger, and uses some emory cloth to file down the trigger. I didn't like the "file until the sear dips below the top of the slide supports on the xdm video...too variable for me.) In doing this, though, I was able to file until the trigger broke, but then checked with down pressure on the top of the slide, no break. A little more filing, and it works great with slide pressure now.

The trigger feels great during dry firing. I can't wait to put more rounds through it at the range.

So here's the question...next upgrade?

Veridian C5L or Trijicon HD sights or Truglo TFOs.

Or maybe just ammo to practice.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Sounds sweet. Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
As far as upgrades, if it's a HD weapon, I'd get the light. On mine, when I have the light on, there's no need for night sights. Then upgrade the sights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts