Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Karl from the Milwaukee area. I've been a Springfield XD(M) owner for a whole month now. After years of hating Glock, I never thought I could actually like a polymer pistol, but it seems it's just Glock I hate. Polymer itself isn't the root of all evil.

Karl,

Thanks for your inquiry! The competition action job on the XDM is 3.5lbs. The trigger travel and reset are greatly reduced as well as the excess over travel is eliminated . Besides being lighter the action is much smoother and cleaner. This type of action job is not suitable for anything other than recreational/competition usage. The upgrade process is quite simple…No FFL required, we email you a shipping label you drop the package off at a staffed FedEx location(not a drop box), we perform the requested work and call you upon completion for payment. We then ship the project to your door. Our round trip shipping label adds $30.00 to the process. When ready contact our customer service dept @ 800.680.6866 and let them know that you have a project for the custom shop and they will make it happen!.

All the best,

Dave
The work is $195 + the letter indicates $30 for a shipping label, so $225. Would you get a trigger job at this price from the Springfield Custom Shop? (I can easily afford it & when answering assume you can too.) The gun is simply a range toy to me, so I'm really not worried about rendering it useless for other things like carry (pretty damn big to carry anyhow).

Dave makes it sound like 3.5# is the only choice, but their official price list asks you to choose a pull weight and I'm really not sure what pull weight to select. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If this is a target / fun gun 3.5 pounds for your trigger will be fine. Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! ! Enjoy. :lol: :-D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm just not sure about the 3.5#. I have a Volquartsen target pistol that should have a 2.25# trigger. I remember years ago trying out a Ruger MKIII that had a Volquartsen trigger. I was trying his gun to see how the red dot scope worked. Problem was I wasn't used to a trigger so light and the darn thing would go off when I didn't want it to. It wasn't a safety issue at least since it was always pointed downrange, it was just annoying. Now that I have my own target pistol @ 2.25# three years later I don't have that problem any more and enjoy how light the trigger is.

I know I probably don't want a .45 that's as light as a .22 target pistol though, or do I? What trigger weights do other folks have?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Welcome from tn, wouldn't worry about the pull weight for a range/ comp gun. Did my own with a prp, sits at 3 # with just the lower worked on, no finger on trigger , no bang :)

·
Premium Member
127,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Karl.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If this is a target / fun gun 3.5 pounds for your trigger will be fine. Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! ! Enjoy. :lol: :-D
It shall be 3.5# as that's the lowest they offer. Just sent it out yesterday via Fed Ex. They upped the shipping cost to $40, so it's not a $235 total job. Darn inflation.

On the bright side, I did just get my 3 free magazines today so when I get my gun back I'll have 6 mags to use when I test out my new trigger. 78 rounds before I need to do any reloading. Most mag capacity I have for any gun (other than my AR).

I would like to thank everyone who has welcomed me. I'm really enjoying this forum and hope to become a regular.

Karl

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've heard of this place they call IL. You need a FOID card down there. Very strange customs regarding firearms.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are strange. At least they finally let us carry here (granted, they were forced to).

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At least they finally let us carry here (granted, they were forced to).
My gun is currently on vacation to your state. This week it took a trip to Springfield's Custom Shop to get an action job so it can have a competition trigger to go along with the rest of it which is already for competition. I don't plan to use it in any competition. I just want a really nice range toy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts