Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say that this isn't about the firearm, this is about the company, Springfield Armory.
I purchased a XD9 5" Tactical model on August 30, 2011. Well, I get online the next morning and guess what I saw? A promotion by SA for 3 free magazines and a free magazine pouch.
Yes, I realize that August 30 does not fall between the dates of September 1 and November 30, 2011. I can read.
My point of contention is that just about every other company out there will honor a sale or promotion for customers who purchased merchandise a day or two before the sale or promotion started. Some even go as far as two weeks.
I emailed SA's customer service and explained my circumstance to them in a very polite letter. I politely mentioned to them that I have been a Glock customer for several years now, but decided to switch to SA because of the good things I've heard about the guns and the customer service. Well they politely wrote back saying that they appreciate my purchase of the firearm, but would not honor the promotion because rules are rules and they can't extend the courtesy to me.

My question is..... Is this the type of experience I am to expect from SA throughout the life of my firearm? Makes me wonder if I made the right choice.

Ok, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I guess I'll get flamed unmercifully.

Extremely disappointed,
New XD owner

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would not judge SA based on this. There was no promotion at the time of your purchase. I am not aware of anyone that would honor a promotion outside of it's timeframe.

You got what you expected from your purchase. Enjoy your awesome new firearm and base your thoughts of SA and your gun on the quality craftsmanship of the gun.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I had a similar circumstance, but mine was a whole week. Whining to a friend of mine, he had something similar with his glock, they not only honored it, but they sent him several other magazines for his other glock's too.

I'm in the market for another gun right now, and torn between several different guns... SA may have won by digging in their heels on this one, but I have several different other options available to me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Always seems to work out that way.
You buy something and boom its on sale 50 bucks less, their not going to refund the difference. Sorry

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not judge SA based on this. There was no promotion at the time of your purchase. I am not aware of anyone that would honor a promotion outside of it's timeframe.

You got what you expected from your purchase. Enjoy your awesome new firearm and base your thoughts of SA and your gun on the quality craftsmanship of the gun.
Walk into ANY retail establishment the day that a sale begins, tell them you bought it yesterday, and they will all give you the sale price.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have never had to deal with SA so I don't really know what to expect or say about them. I am sympathetic to your plight though. IMHO it's horsesh*t, end of story. Go into any store and you see a sale on something you purchased recently and they honor it with original receipt. I would be a lot unhappy if it were me. Enough so to never do business with SA again. Of course most of my friends think I'm a little radical, I live by the feud. Still won't go into a LGS because of an $8.00 difference on a GP100, been over a year now. If some can't see what crap that is and flame you for it so be it. I just hope something like this happens to them someday so they can feel that bite.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a similar circumstance, but mine was a whole week. Whining to a friend of mine, he had something similar with his glock, they not only honored it, but they sent him several other magazines for his other glock's too.

I'm in the market for another gun right now, and torn between several different guns... SA may have won by digging in their heels on this one, but I have several different other options available to me.
I was afraid to mention my similar experience like yours with Glock, because I didn't want to get flamed.
Sent my gun in for an upgrade and it came back with 3 extra magazines, no charge.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never had to deal with SA so I don't really know what to expect or say about them. I am sympathetic to your plight though. IMHO it's horsesh*t, end of story. Go into any store and you see a sale on something you purchased recently and they honor it with original receipt. I would be a lot unhappy if it were me. Enough so to never do business with SA again. Of course most of my friends think I'm a little radical, I live by the feud. Still won't go into a LGS because of an $8.00 difference on a GP100, been over a year now. If some can't see what crap that is and flame you for it so be it. I just hope something like this happens to them someday so they can feel that bite.
Must be that firefighter thing, because we think a lot alike.

·
Super Moderator
22,206 Posts
You got a great product for a good price. If your upset then sell your XD ( HI! ) and go buy a Glock. Both are very worthy pistols!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Feeling entitled much?

Springfield Armory doesn't owe you anything. You freely made an exchange of X dollars for Y product. If you weren't forced and the product that you received is the one you purchased then everything was on the up and up.

Enjoy your new firearm and be happy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Return the firearm to where you bought it. Then buy another just like it from the display. You will have the gun, and be able to send away for the mags.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Springfield will take excellent care of you should you ever have a real problem with your firearm. Their cs is on par with anyone in the industry. Ask around, you will find that 99% will say the same thing.:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Agreed. It truly isn't a customer service issue. Not in my opinion at least. If they do it for you then the have to do it for everyone. I purchased an xd9 service model august 29th. But I wont even bother trying to get the rebate, because the banner states sept 1st. It sucks to miss out on the good deal, but it is indeed a nice gun that you purchased at a price that you agreed to. Entitled was a good word.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Walk into ANY retail establishment the day that a sale begins, tell them you bought it yesterday, and they will all give you the sale price.
Well, being a retail manager, I can tell you thats not the case with EVERY retail place, corporate policy dictates what they do... we wouldnt give you free merchandise for a promotion that started after you bought an item, in most retail however you could simply return the one you bought and then buy it again during the promotion to get the deal... I dont know if anyone will return firearms though.

At any rate, while its annoying, they have no responsibility to give you anything for free... why not give everyone who bought one 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 , etc.. days before the promotion the deal too:rolleyes:

Nothing personal, but I really hate customers who think they should get something they are not due simply because they complain... and then act mad and say they dont like the company when they dont get their way... it reminds me of my 2 year old;)

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Question to the OP,

Why did you buy this firearm ?

It wasn't listed as a buy one, get one free thing, like you see on TV ... So, you missed a promotion ... BFD !!!

I'm sure it generates feelings of suckiness, but you bought a very reliable pistol - XD9 Fails :mrgreen: - And as has been said, SA's customer service is excellent ... But don't expect them to honor a promotion that you missed.

I guess they could honor purchases prior to, or after the promotion time-frame, but if they did it for everyone, their price would have to reflect it, via an increased initial cost ;)

So,
Isn't the answer to my question ... As simple as, you wanted it, so you bought it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
you purchased it based on the price you paid and the value at that time...

no different than buying a car...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Question to the OP,

Why did you buy this firearm ?

It wasn't listed as a buy one, get one free thing, like you see on TV ... So, you missed a promotion ... BFD !!!

I'm sure it generates feelings of suckiness, but you bought a very reliable pistol - XD9 Fails :mrgreen: - And as has been said, SA's customer service is excellent ... But don't expect them to honor a promotion that you missed.

This ^

No whining allowed , it's So lame ...............

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ask when buying, when getting a room in a hotel, when getting a car - "Are there any deals or promos coming up, now or soon to be? If I buy and one comes up in the next day or two, can I get back-listed into it?" Then you're covered. Sorry to hear - it's annoying to have missed a deal by one day.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I would be more pissed at your dealer, the distributers and S.A. Have been letting them know for weeks now that this promotion was coming up. E-mails, letters and flyers were sent out to the dealers to prep for the promotion.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Lets not forget why springfield armory even does these promos.... They are trying to get guys who are holding off to buy a new gun to finally pull the trigger cas they are giving away $100+ of free mags. Or to sway guys who are torn between a SA model and a competing brand. Those are the only reasons PERIOD.

You already made your decission to buy that gun at that price its a done deal. It would be bad business to give you a freebee for no reason you were already convinced of the deal as it was.

Last year when they ran the promo in the winter time i purchased a xdm 40 4.5in just 1 week prior to the promo. I never thought for one second to call and ask for the deal because i know how businesses work. Instead i picked up a xd subcompact and took advantage of the promo. I recommend that if you really want the promo just go buy a second gun! :)

And just curious why did you buy the old xd 5in when they have the new xdm 5.25? Not that you made the wrong choice or anything i was just wondering.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts