Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first XD yesterday from the local gun shop on a trade in. Straight across trade: 12 gauge semi-auto and and SKS for the XD. It is an XD-9 Tactical, bought used with 3 mags and an aftermarket fiber optic front sight (very nice!). Went to the range this morning and put about 100 rounds through it. Trigger pull is great, accuracy is awesome, and the only problem was it closed on an empy magazine one time. If that's the worst that will happen with gun, I'll take it! 8) We also brought a Glock 19 (9mm for those of you not familiar with Glocks) and shot them side by side. The XD has a better trigger pull, better sights (might have something to do with the fiber optic sight on the XD :twisted: ), and I thought it has a better grip. My dad likes the Glock grip better so it must be personal preference.

Once I figure out how to post picks, I will. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the forum AF1 ! Glad you like your XD-9 Tactical - mine is among my favorite nines. By the way, it's not too hard to inadvertantly thumb the slide stop, especially with a high grip. This could be the reason for the slide closing on an empty mag.

Rotnguns

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally figured out how to post pics. 8)

First one shows it next to the Glock 19.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome rotnguns. :)

I very well could have been hitting the slide stop with my thumb. I'm not very worried about it though, it only happened once.

It will be used mostly to shoot for fun and IDPA once a month. Can't wait till the match next month. :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
AF1
Straight across trade: 12 gauge semi-auto and and SKS for the XD.
What kind of shotgun and SKS was it? Sounds like a good deal for a straight trade. :shock:

Welcome to XD-land, enjoy and be safe always. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shotgun was a 12 gauge Winchester semi-auto, don't remember the model. It has a bad reputation but was a VERY reliable gun. Only traded it because we never used it. :?

The SKS was traded with a scope and mount, as well as a synthetic stock. Don't know which out of the many countries it was made in. Just your run-of-the-mill 7.62X39mm semi-auto fun gun. 8)

Two guns we didn't use for one gun we will use, sounds good to me. :) I think money wise it was a very fare trade also.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
AF1 said:
The shotgun was a 12 gauge Winchester semi-auto, don't remember the model. It has a bad reputation but was a VERY reliable gun. Only traded it because we never used it. :?

The SKS was traded with a scope and mount, as well as a synthetic stock. Don't know which out of the many countries it was made in. Just your run-of-the-mill 7.62X39mm semi-auto fun gun. 8)

Two guns we didn't use for one gun we will use, sounds good to me. :) I think money wise it was a very fare trade also.
As long as you are happy with the deal, then that is the most important part.

Either your gun dealer didn't know what he was doing or he knew something and got the better of the deal. Maybe a rare, sought after shotgun with a treasure map carved in the stock or a unique low number Russian SKS shot by Stalin in 1956? :shock:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just bought a tactical 9mm in OD green w/ 2 hi cap mags, my first XD for $480 here in St.Louis. 4" models are going for around $425 which made me think it was a little high in price but hey 6 months ago XD's were everywhere and now are getting a little scarce. Just yesterday I rented a G17 and went through 100 rounds no big deal and really didn't care for it. Must say the XD fits my hand so much better. Well I cleaned out the shipping oil and picked up 200 rounds wwb can't wait to get to the range tomorrow. Need suggestions on holster. this is my first post -new at this stuff but have been reading much from this site and really enjoy it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just sold my g17 and it paid for my tactical. $475 for the tactical, $475 paid for the glock...

I absolutely love the tactical and completely agree with the trigger pull, accuracy and overall feel. My dad and i went to the range the other day and he hated the glock and loved the XD, needless to say...i think i found him a christmas present. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
AF1.. wondering how you like the fiber opt front sight and what you have for rear sights. Took mine to the range Sunday and loved it. Even before I bought it was thinking about changing the sights( ghost ring nights) but might wait till I wear the finish and have it redone. Yeah definately would have traded the 2 guns you didn't use for one that you would and enjoy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jhs71-I think the rear sight is the standard sight that comes with the gun. The fiber optic front sight is great. Very bright. It is a lot smaller that the Glock's front sight which makes it easier to shook accurately. I agree with you about the XD9 fitting better in the hand than the G17.

dsg2003gt-My dad is kinda the other way around. He likes the XD a lot but there is no way he is getting rid of his Glock. I have no problem with that though. A person should shoot whatever they feel comfortable with and can shoot well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

Next week is my first IDPA match and I can't wait. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took my two XD 9's to the range for the first time loved how they both shoot. One is XD9 sub compact other is 4in XD9 compact

1 - 13 of 13 Posts