Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my Taurus PT-111 over the weekend for a new XD-9 subcompact and so far I love the gun but am wondering about how loose the 15 rd. mag fits in. It seems to wiggle quite easily from side to side when fully locked in place and in my previous experience with other guns with extended mags I'll get a healthy pinch of my skin when firing at the range. Just wondering if this is normal with the XD or if I may need something adjusted somewhere internally.

On a side note, I was going in to buy a Glock 19 but the dealer convinced me that the Springfield was a great buy so decided to give it a try. My PT-111 was a great little gun that never failed or jammed on me once.....it just has a VERY heavy trigger pull that I just got sick of and I know from previous ownership that Glock trigger pull is much more to my liking and the dealer said the weight of the pull on the XD is similar to the Glock but with a more precise take up. Looking forward to getting in some range time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the gun came with a 15 rd. magazine with the extender....that's the mag I'm actually talking about that's sort of loose. The shorter 10 rd. mag isn't so loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts