OK, welcome to both of ya.
first of, this is my personal opinion,not the gospel. Some here will diagree with me, others won't. That being said
1. Blue wonder has a great line of products,
a.) armadillo is a wax product used to protect your gun from rusting, btw, all guns rust. Use it inside and outside of the gun. You can apply via provided instructions or you can heat up a little bit of it, dip a rag into it and then spread it around. once dry the buff it. two coats is generally good.
b.) disortex xfr is a oil for your gun- i read on the forum that you can apply it BEFORE using the armadillo. a little goes a long way.
c.) they have a gun cleaner product- i have not used it yet so i cant report on it.
2.dry firing the gun is ok, it will not hurt it. just MAKE SURE the gun IS UNLOADED first.
3. always at least double if not triple check to make sure the gun is unloaded. There is a forum member here that accidentally shot his dog
due to thinking his gun was unloaded. ALWAYS ALWAYS double check.
4. general field stripping is good enough for quite some time, cleaning wise. But when you need to go further then field stripping, then ajames has instructions on how to totally take the gun apart.http://www.xd-hs2000.com/disassembly/disassembly.html
5. everybody has their own opinion as to what is a good cheap practice round, mine is to stay away from WOLF brand ammo. Reason, I have a ported 9mm, and wolf is a really dirty powder load that really gets my gun too dirty after 100 rounds or so. Wall mart has winchester white box ammo for 100 rounds about 10 bucks to 12 bucks. Cabellas, if near you also has generic ammo cheap, i just bought 300 rounds for 15 $, and only had about 15 steel case vs. the brass case.
6. This is a gun that the Cration army uses in everyday use. it is a tuff bugger. dont let anybody tell you otherwise.
7. practice dry firering the gun a lot, use the tipof the finger to slowly pull the trigger.
8. to take apart the gun, remove the magazine first.
9. always make certain it is unloaded.
10. dont respond to troll'ers posts, it just encourages em.
11. some people here can be a little mean- suck it up-flip em off, but dont respond in kind.
12. if in doubt, ask. the only stupid questions are mine. :lol:
13. if totally new to guns, take some lessons, before ya kill your dog.
14. dont ask who killed their dog.
15. yes you can leave your magazines loaded, no it wont hurt the springs. If you have a 12 or 15 round magazine, loading it up and leaving it fully loaded is good the get the springs used to accepting the full capacity.
16. do not call them clips or "high capacity magazines" they are 10,12,15 round magazines. you call it a clip and you will walk a little funny.
these are just a few basic thoughts of mine.
dont mean to offend anybody if my thoughts are different then yours.
any other questions, you can always post in the forum, or pm me.