Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello XD Talk Forum,

You have a very informative board going here so I joined the fun. I bought my first Springfield last week and made it the XD9. I was at the range and in the market for a 1911 45acp to go with my Ruger 45acp and I decided to rent an XD9 and XD40 just for fun.

I liked the XD9 service 4"so much I bought one the next day. It is the most accurate stock semi-auto that I have ever shot. It feels great in the hand and field striping and cleaning are a snap.

I'm reading the posts to see what works and doesn't work in terms of aftermarket products so I can tune my XD to my personal likes, that is, sights, mags and holsters etc.

I look forward to joining in the discussion :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Glad you like your XD9. I also have a XD 9 Service along with a XD .357 Sig Service Model. I love to shoot both but really like .357 Sig :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome Buck!

Have fun!

Raymond

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old School said:
Buck T,

Welcome to the XD family and the forum! Where did you get the cool avatar?

Old School
Hey Old School,

Where?....................I stole it from you :wink: ,but just until I find one for myself. I can't find one that fits the pixal size and I don't know how to reduce a larger one. I'll get my computer savy son to show me how to reduce one. I'm from the rotary phone dial generation ya know :D

Thanks for the welcome. I'm taking the XD to the range today with a bunch of ammo and giving the XD a work out.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Be sure to post pics from the range!
Welcome to the house of mirrors

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Buck T said:
Hello XD Talk Forum,

You have a very informative board going here so I joined the fun. I bought my first Springfield last week and made it the XD9. I was at the range and in the market for a 1911 45acp to go with my Ruger 45acp and I decided to rent an XD9 and XD40 just for fun.

I liked the XD9 service 4"so much I bought one the next day. It is the most accurate stock semi-auto that I have ever shot. It feels great in the hand and field striping and cleaning are a snap.

I'm reading the posts to see what works and doesn't work in terms of aftermarket products so I can tune my XD to my personal likes, that is, sights, mags and holsters etc.

I look forward to joining in the discussion :D
Welcome. Glad you like it. It is a nice gun. However I think the most accurate stock semi-auto I have ever owned and shot was a CZ-75B 9mm. If you ever get a chance to try one, do so. Just make sure it is a 75B model, not a BD or DAO or something weird. And before all of you start flaming me about pushing CZs, my regular carry is a XD-9 Service, ok?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Wecome, don't deprive your XD of range time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts