Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.

Just got a SA-XD 45 Tactical from my dad as a bday present. Currently loaded with WWB JHP (only JHP 45s on hand) but I just ordered a box of Winchester Ranger-T +P 230gr. Not my first pistol, but it is my first 45 ACP. I'd be interested to know what your preferred carry rounds are in the XD (especially the 45). I read somewhere that Federal HST's don't feed well, and I'm hoping thats not the case.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome to the forum from louisiana! Don't no about the HSTs but mine handled the variety I put through it flawlessly. Congrats on a great weapon!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome. Don't know enough to help you. Go to the "Ammo Can" part of the forum, that's where to ask that. Search around in the different forums there is a lot of good people on this site. BTW, I have the 45 service w/nite sites and love it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello people.

Just got a SA-XD 45 Tactical from my dad as a bday present. Currently loaded with WWB JHP (only JHP 45s on hand) but I just ordered a box of Winchester Ranger-T +P 230gr. Not my first pistol, but it is my first 45 ACP. I'd be interested to know what your preferred carry rounds are in the XD (especially the 45). I read somewhere that Federal HST's don't feed well, and I'm hoping thats not the case.

Thoughts?
Welcome!!

I've used Ranger T 230gr and Spear Gold Dot 230gr, both worked perfect. Also tried Winchester White Box Personal Defense from Walmart, the XD ate it all up. I've put through over 8 types/brands ammo (combo of JHP and FMJ) and not one hiccup.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

Whatever type of ammo you decide to use for carry, make sure to fire a few magazine to make sure it feeds reliably.

·
Premium Member
23,670 Posts
hello there, does yur dad need anymore son's? id love to get a xd for my birthday

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hello there, does yur dad need anymore son's? id love to get a xd for my birthday
you know, I didn't even think about it until now, but I think it's the only present I can remember him buying me since adulthood. Not sure why he chose now to do it. I did just have my first child. He's pretty stoked about it. I got him a springfield t shirt for his bday. He's big into Sigs and HKs. I think he just had this XD laying around anyway. He's got a 4inch XD and subcompact XD in 45. Maybe he didn't need it.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Nice XD!

Be sure to run some rounds of your carry ammo through the pistol to ensure they run.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Washington!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new pistola...:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts