Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, New gun owner and forum member from Portland, OR. A month or so ago bought the 4" service model in .45ACP. I've only had a chance to go to the range once with it but I'm already in love with it. I'm looking at getting my CCL and probably a smaller gun for EDC (Thanks @rwilson452 for the expansive post on common abbreviations from 2006. bookmarked for later reference.) I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum it looks like there are a lot of people with a lot of knowledge about these guns.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome....I have the whole 45 Family....enjoy! One upgrade that will make you smile every time you shoot...Powder River Precision Match trigger!!!!
XDs.jpg

Reactions: shaner

·
Premium Member
127,154 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's that the tactical, the c, and the sc?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
My Tactical has a Springer Trigger (Powder River doesn't offer a trigger for a 45 w/thumb safety)...My Compact has the Powder River trigger (best trigger for a XD).

·
Registered
353 Posts

First 10 shots out of my XD45 Service model a few months back. Aside from getting too much CLP in the striker channel and causing light primer strikes (totally user error), it’s been 100%! Nice gun and feels good in the hand. Can’t complain about the capacity even though I’m limited to 10 rounds.

Welcome from your neighbor to the south.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine wasn't nearly as good but it was my first time shooting in about 10 years and even then I wasn't very well practiced. The 5 aiming for the head was probably my best. 3 in the head and 1 in the neck and one that missed completely lol as long as I get the first 4 right in a real situation I'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
21,332 Posts
Welcome to the group. I have the 54 and xds in 45 .your starting out on the right path!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine wasn't nearly as good but it was my first time shooting in about 10 years and even then I wasn't very well practiced. The 5 aiming for the head was probably my best. 3 in the head and 1 in the neck and one that missed completely lol as long as I get the first 4 right in a real situation I'll be happy.

Those shots will still get the job done.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome from Virginia!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts