Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from NC. I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago when I bought the XDS .45 with the 3.3. inch barrel. This past Saturday, I picked up the XD .45 Service Model with the 4 inch barrel and thumb safety. I got a chance to fire both weapons this weekend and they both shot very well. I was expecting a lot of recoil with the XDS but it was very manageable. The service model was a blast to fire as well. Shot some real tight groups. I have medium sized hands and I was able to fire the Service Model very comfortably. Can't wait for the next time I go to the range.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome aboard. The XD service 45 fits me perfectly. Springer's online store has 30% off this month. I'm getting some extra mags myself.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I often carry my XD .45 4" as my duty weapon. I usually load 230 gr Remington Golden Saber. One government contract we work only allows ball ammo. In that case, I carry 230 FMJ. I installed a set of TruGlo tritium night sights (no fiber optics).

I love it. It's a real hammer.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I have the exact same gun. It is my nightstand gun. It is loaded with 230 gr HST.

I put about 150 rounds through it yesterday. After a mag of warm up, I was pegging my targets.

You will get used to the sponge trigger. I've come to like mine.

The picture is a target at ten yards, slow fire. The torso shots were done when the target was swinging. Head shots were stationary.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts