Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an XD .45 today. I've been carrying mostly 9mm for quite awhile but wanted a .45 for backpacking. Was considering an M&P 45c but the XD was available and I really liked the feel of it. Haven't shot it yet but will be hitting the range on Monday. I've go some .45's but only in 1911 and wanted something a little lighter to carry. For the range I'm a big fan of all steel 1911's, one of mine is a Springfield RO, but I love them all.
Based on what I've read the only thing I may be changing is the front sight as I understand that the XD stock sight is set at 6 o'clock hold and I don't care for that so I'll see how it shoots and go from there.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heading to the range in a couple hours, will report back later. Holster on order from Panther Concealment should be here this week. If it shoots as well as I'm hoping I may be getting rid of my one Glock that I just really don't like in favor of an XD 9. Time will tell on that. Also have to wait and see how well the XD conceals as the grip is a bit on the long side. Not concerned about the 45 as I got that mostly for backpacking use but the 9 needs to be more concealed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back from the range. About all I can say at the moment is that I'm going to withhold judgement until I make another trip. Had no issues with either FMJ or JHP. Recoil is manageable but groups not as good as I'd like. They did improve the more I shot so I'm chalking it up to it being a new gun and needing a bit of break in as well as my lake of experience with it so we'll see what happens next week.
I'd like to go again this week but with the cost of ammo I'm limiting myself to once a week for now.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Congrats on the XD45, glad to hear it's a shooter.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts