Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I got my XD-45 in June and just got a chance to shoot it this weekend. We were on my cousins land in South Alabama and set up a little range shooting into several Big hay bails with a hill behind them. I put 300 rounds of various brand ball and 100 hollow points through it with no problems. I didn't clean it during the session and it performed well. It was everything I expected. Accurate, decent recoil and no malfunctions. I'll clean it this week and will feel comfortable using it for home defense with the TLR light/laser mounted on it.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
June-July-August-September-October?

Care to explain? I bought two new guns last Saturday, and am catching a load of grief from my gun buds because I won't shoot them until this Thursday. That's five days, why'd it take you five months?!?

Cheers! M2

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
June-July-August-September-October?

Care to explain? I bought two new guns last Saturday, and am catching a load of grief from my gun buds because I won't shoot them until this Thursday. That's five days, why'd it take you five months?!?

Cheers! M2

I agree man please explain. it was hard for me to wait 2 days to shoot my XD when i got it.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I agree. I picked up my Kimber from the gunsmith at 11 this morning and was at the range by 6.

·
Premium Member
21,059 Posts
well lets see since he finally shot it an liked it how long till the next time hahahah 5months wow ,i couldnt do it ,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jabs are well deserved, how could I wait 5 months, just happened, but hopefully won't be that long till the next time. Good news is, even with all that neglect, the XD performed like a champ. I guess there were no hard feelings on it's part. I'll treat it better in the future.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Picked up my XD-45 on a friday night shot it on saturday how could you wait that long?I`ve put 500 rounds through mine and have had it about 2 weeks even went to the range when it was raining out after a bad day of work to blow off some steam.Had a guy come up to see what I was shooting because he`s looking at a XD-45 and let him shoot it so he could see how nice it shot.I think he`ll be getting one soon by what he was saying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I got mine I picked it up about 11:30 am and was shooting it at 12:30pm the same day. Traffic slowed me down getting to the range.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As ya'll will be able to tell by my post count, I'm new, and just got my .45 a couple weeks ago but have yet to shoot it...which has been hard. The only place I'm aware of around me is only open to the public the last two weeks of the month, so I've been waiting patiently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts