Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the new owner of an XD-45 (4 inch service model), and I'm new to the forum. I am not a new shooter by any means. I've been shooting about 25 years or so, and I'm an instructor. In addition to being an NRA Tactical Shooting Instructor, I'm also a Combat Focus Shooting Instructor - along with a few other certifications...

My duty carry is a G22, and my off duty carry is usually a G17. I've also got a Steyr M40A1 that I carry on occasion, along with an H&K P7. Well, I needed a .45 to participate in a law enforcement pistol match last weekend (for bowling pins) and I needed a 'duty style' weapon, so I settled on trying to purchase either a FNP-45, or a Springfield XD-45.

I purchased the Springfield XD last Friday night, and took it to the range to see where it hit with 230gr. FMJ. That settled, I took it to the match the next day, and placed 2nd. in the Bowling Pin match.....having never shot at bowling pins before! I won the Bullseye match, but that was with my G17 with Tru-Glow sights....

Anyway, I don't have a lot of rounds through the XD yet, but so far I'm very impressed with it. It feels WONDERFUL in the hand...great balance, and points naturally. I'm getting ready to start on my holster this weekend (I make my own...to cheap to buy them..:)), and if it all works out, this pistol just may see some carry time...:).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I also welcome you from Utah!!! Congrats on the XD purchase!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
welcome to xdtalk and ownership. i agree with billy the champ, wait till the trigger smooths out and you will love this gun. my trigger is better than a lot of 1911's out there. and seems to get better all the time.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts