Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im new here and am glad i found this forum because it has been helpful! There are some very knowledgable people here! Anyways, i have a question regarding a XD 45 that someone wants to sell me. He says it is brand new and never been shot and that he might trade one of my rifles for it, but my question is, what is the value of this gun? I have looked and cant find any bitone XD 45 with external thumb safety like this one to compare prices. I attached a picture of the package he wants to trade/sell...does this look like the new version of this gun?

Attachments

·
Registered
29,596 Posts
First off, if he bought it, it's not new in box; it's "Like new in box", even if he didn't ever fire it.

Second, it's a used XD45, given in like new condition.

I'd give $425 max for it.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pass and buy new without the external safety as it is not needed in the XD series pistols. I personally prefer the compact with the 4 inch barrel and the chopped grip.$450-$500 most anywhere.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think the thumb safety came out in about 2008 so it could be a couple of years old and still look in pristine condition.

You can check the serial number against our registry and get a rough idea of the production month:

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-45acp-discussion-room/108206-what-year-my-xd.html

As for whether it's been fired or not, there's a couple of places to look. The coating wears off rather quickly on the outside of the barrel at the front end and on top where it's visible at the ejector opening.

You can also check the feed ramp and the breech face for marks with a magnifying glass.

And if the little manilla envelope with the test casing is gone, it's likely that the gun is not new and not unfired.

At any rate, $450 tops if you buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts