Springfield XD Forum banner

New XD 45 Compact

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  saxdmc45 
#1 ·
Thanks to the Springfield mag promo I finally purchased a XD 45 Compact. I prefer XD over XDM. I have owned my xd40sc for several years and is my ccw. It is an awesome handgun but I also wanted a 45acp for some fun range time. The compact will fill the need plus can alternate for ccw once proven reliable.

#2 ·
Nice, has been my carry for awhile, I was thinking to try the five inch compact but haven't yet, have others that I've carried but seem to stay with this one the majority of the time, I have a comp xdm and like it fine, not a carry gun for sure,

#3 ·
I love my xdm 45 compact. I was thinking I might sell it now that I bought a glock 30s (lighter, smaller, easier to ccw) but after shooting the 30s I am unsure. The 30s is pretty snappy (more so than my glock 36 which is weird) and the gun is gorgeous (I have a bitone). Anway congrats on the purchase!

#4 ·
My XD .45 Compact has been my EDC for 4 years now. I also purchased an XD .45 Compact Tactical. The 5" is almost as easy to carry as the 4" gun. The compact frame just carries better concealed (and open carry). Less gun butt to "print" when carrying. And I have found I shoot equally well with the short 10 rd. mag or the full size 13 rd. mag. These are great guns. One of them goes with me wherever I go.

#7 · (Edited)
I also like my xd45c. Same size as my g19, same 10+1 here, so it is one oF my preferred ccw. A PRP trigger & Trijicon front sights make it about perfect.

#8 ·
I love my xdm 45 compact. I was thinking I might sell it now that I bought a glock 30s (lighter, smaller, easier to ccw) but after shooting the 30s I am unsure. The 30s is pretty snappy (more so than my glock 36 which is weird) and the gun is gorgeous (I have a bitone). Anway congrats on the purchase!
That's saying something because I remember my 36 was VERY snappy

#10 ·
Great choice. I liked the XD45C so much that I bought an XD45 service model which had the full sized grip, but also had a thumb safety. Not sure if they even make an XD with the TS any more. It feels and works just like my 1911. I sent if off to Springer Precision for a grip chop, trigger mod and TFO sites. Some don't like the TS, but for me, it's a perfect world in the XD45C-TS.

#12 ·
Great choice. I liked the XD45C so much that I bought an XD45 service model which had the full sized grip, but also had a thumb safety. Not sure if they even make an XD with the TS any more. It feels and works just like my 1911. I sent if off to Springer Precision for a grip chop, trigger mod and TFO sites. Some don't like the TS, but for me, it's a perfect world in the XD45C-TS.
Sweet XD with a thumb safety. Lot's of guys prefer them (thumb safety that is). Not that I won't carry a firearm without a TS (actually I do, and XD Sub 9), but it's not a deal breaker. I have met guys who try to make a TS carrier feel inferior, but that's petty in my opinion. Enjoy your Second Amendment with or without a thumb safety!

#13 ·
Sweet XD with a thumb safety. Lot's of guys prefer them (thumb safety that is). Not that I won't carry a firearm without a TS (actually I do, and XD Sub 9), but it's not a deal breaker. I have met guys who try to make a TS carrier feel inferior, but that's petty in my opinion. Enjoy your Second Amendment with or without a thumb safety!
Yeah, tell that to guys like me that carry a 1911.:rolleyes: Practice, the thumb safety doesn't slow first shots down at all. When I am shooting my XDM in competition, the same presentation motion is used as my 1911, thumb swipes for the non existent TS, no big deal. Your safety should be off before you are pointed in. Those that do not practice with one will hate it for the first 100 presentations.;)

#11 ·
Hope you are enjoying your XD Compact. I had one; had a weak moment and sold it. I have always regretted it. Who on this forum can't relate to that? Told myself if I ever see a good deal on another one that I would get it.

I found a brand new one with all of the XD goodies for $419.00 and I jumped on it. It's in transit as we speak. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Some water has gone under the bridge since you purchased your XD. How do you like it?

#14 ·
I really like this XD45C. The recoil feels about like my XD40SC. I can conceal them both about the same in my alien gear holster. The 40sw has now been sold and the 45 compact is now my edc. No problems at all at the range and has proven very reliable. As soon as TFX sights come in green/yellow I will have them installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.