Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a factory new XD Compact.

Shoots about 4" low but a decent group @ 7 Yds. I guess I will have to improvise my POA. Very difficult to operate slide, it seems to be a very strong spring along with my arthritic hands. Not nearly as smooth & easy as my 1911 or 92F. Nice & easy to field strip with the exception of the slide tension. Mag release takes a good firm push and noticed if I depress it from the left hander’s side it sticks in the release position. I know this is not correct so may have to contact Springfield..

Great for CC in a Blackhawk Serpa.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
The slides are pretty strong as well as the mag release.

One good way to help with the slide is to grip the slide at the top toward the back with your support hand, and then use your trigger hand to push the frame forward.

It will getter better with use anyway though.

Congrats and good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good tip xdmp22, both hands working together is a bit better. I have never had a new weapon that is this tight but I can tell it's getting better with each use.

The slides are pretty strong as well as the mag release.

One good way to help with the slide is to grip the slide at the top toward the back with your support hand, and then use your trigger hand to push the frame forward.

It will getter better with use anyway though.

Congrats and good luck

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Good tip xdmp22, both hands working together is a bit better. I have never had a new weapon that is this tight but I can tell it's getting better with each use.
Glad to help. Not trying to insult you (or women) by any means, but if you google "cornered cat" you will find a site mostly designed for women and firearms. My Fiancé has a hard time with my 45 slide and after some research I found the answer there. There maybe some other ideas there to help with your arthritic hands as well.

But my guess is, get some rounds through that thing and it will get even better than it has already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No not insulted at all. Hard for a man to admit when he has lost some of his strength. Some very good tips there and have been practicing using their examples. Appreciate the link but now wondering why I have this urge to take a bubble bath and hoping someone will send me flowers????
Jake :?
Saw a good signature line somewhere "Don't pick a fight with an old man, He'll just shoot you!"

Glad to help. Not trying to insult you (or women) by any means, but if you google "cornered cat" you will find a site mostly designed for women and firearms. My Fiancé has a hard time with my 45 slide and after some research I found the answer there. There maybe some other ideas there to help with your arthritic hands as well.

But my guess is, get some rounds through that thing and it will get even better than it has already.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Appreciate the link but now wondering why I have this urge to take a bubble bath and hoping someone will send me flowers????
Oh hell, now that's funny!!

Best comment I have seen in a while!

(Turns off screen in order to wipe it clean from being blasted by coffee propelled by laughter)

·
Registered
338 Posts

Use grit tape like the type thats used on a sketboard and install it just in front of the slide serrations, it should work well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just got a factory new XD Compact.

Shoots about 4" low but a decent group @ 7 Yds. I guess I will have to improvise my POA. Very difficult to operate slide, it seems to be a very strong spring along with my arthritic hands. Not nearly as smooth & easy as my 1911 or 92F. Nice & easy to field strip with the exception of the slide tension. Mag release takes a good firm push and noticed if I depress it from the left hander’s side it sticks in the release position. I know this is not correct so may have to contact Springfield..

Great for CC in a Blackhawk Serpa.
Mag relaese push mag into pistol with one palm then push mag release, only way my nephew can do it, recoil spring, I had the same problem, I locked the slide back for a day, loosened up the spring. The XD's are known to get better with age. So use the hell out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts