Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a lot of people here, I did lots of research and comparison before buying. I never had a Springfield handgun before so had to take your words, and years of reviews by many experts and SA's advertising as true enough to make the investment.

Bought from Bud's, 460.00. Deal enough. Came last week.
Range yesterday. 100 rounds. Time fly by and I was not ready to quit - but no more ammo. Sadness

Great feeling gun. I can't believe how soft of a shooter it is.

I also shot my Ruger LCP - and felt punished after 30 rounds.

The 45 was so much more pleasant to shoot.

I'm a little left, gun is not. Hard hitter.

I will definitely carry this pistol. I'm using that Versacarry and its pretty damn comfortable.

Also ordered up the free mags and holder last Friday - they came yesterday, Tuesday. Can't do better than that.

Thanks for the great info on the pistols. I appreciate the honesty and humor found here.

Keep an eye open. Times are interesting.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great choice, thanks for the range report. Reading about other people shooting is the next best thing to shooting myself. I have the same XD and have really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Great choice! My XD .45 Compact has been my EDC for the past 4 years. The gun just feels great in the hand. I owned other 45s before I purchased the XD. But I still fondly recall my first shooting experience with the new XD...Wow, that was pleasant indeed! The gun is comfortable, accurate and 100% reliable. What else could anyone ask for? XD is Good!

·
Registered
210 Posts
As a highly satisfied owner of a SA Range Officer, I took a hard look at the new Range Officer Compact. I came to the conclusion that my XD 45 Compact will serve the carry role just as well as the new 1911 design. And, I don't have to pay tax on money I saved!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts