Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, New to the forum. Just bought an XD 40 after researching it for forever it seems. Be picking it up Tuesday. Any tips or tricks I need to know or is it good to go out of the box? I got the XD gear kit, holster and 3- 12 rounds mags for $499.00 out the door . Did I do ok?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Buy tons of ammo. Shooting it is so much fun you just run out too fast. Best low buck upgrade is the Don's Guide Rod and Wolff spring.

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
ricky298 said:
Guide rod and spring . is that to help with recoil?
Helps with felt recoil plus the springs are cheap (about $7) when they wear out. Some folks on the board have had the stock unit come apart. Rare, but it has happened.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome aboard to the board! If you get bored, just check the board and there will be hoards of information to gorge on!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its great out of the box, sure you can put money into it but its not needed. I would more importantly invest in some fact hicap mags, ammo, and a nice IWB holster if you plan to use it as CCW

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is definitely more noticable, but I wouldn't say it has a lot more recoil. Shouldn't be anything to worry about. My girlfriend the .40 with me today with no problem. Of course, she is used to firing her 357.lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts