Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to test out my Don's Guide Rod, 22# Wolf spring, Pachmeyer Grips, and Trijicon Night Sights today.

I purchased all the above with the exception of the night sights from Pistol Gear and am real impressed with the prompt delivery!

I noticed that shooting Speer Lawman 165gr TMJs that there wasn't a decrease in recoil with the 22# spring, it did take out alot of muzzle flip though. I felt more recoil push straight back into my wrist, which is better than muzzle flip in my opinion.

The night sights made getting on target alot quicker, and in low light they absolutely rock!

The slip on grips definately made it easier to hang onto the XD, and made my double taps alot quicker and more accurate.

I don't think the recoil spring and guide rod made my XD any more accurate than it already was, at 30ft I still managed to totally cut out the X Ring.

So, I highly reccomend all the mods that I did, and highly reccomend ordering from Pistol Gear. :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After more shooting with the Don's guide rod and 22 pound Wolf spring, the muzzle flip and recoil are about cut in half in my opinion when I changed back to the 18 pound factory spring and rod.

Took it about 200 rounds to "loosen" up.

Tonight I went out to the pasture and set up 3 two liter pop bottles filled full with water, put them out in my headlights and got about 20 yards away and went to work with 1 12rd mag. The Trijicons were simply amazing, every shot was a hit and was shooting rapid fire. This would not be possible with the factory sights.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XD 40 vs skunk - Discovered a skunk while cruising around with a buddy last night. Hopped out of the pickup and started banging away at the fast moving lil bugger. Finally, I caught up to it on shot 10, instant humane kill. End up being a 35 yard running shot.

In the heat of the moment I grabbed the wrong mag out of my pouch, so it was shot with CorBon 135gr JHP. I didn't look at the end results, as my nose was telling me to go the other way. :roll:

·
Registered
580 Posts
XD 40 vs skunk - Discovered a skunk while cruising around with a buddy last night. Hopped out of the pickup and started banging away at the fast moving lil bugger. Finally, I caught up to it on shot 10, instant humane kill. End up being a 35 yard running shot.
after 9 rounds...and a 35 yard, E&E sprint...to include a "combat bowel evacuation" (ie, SHAT himself) on the skunk's part...humane, may not be the word. you terrorizer you. :-D

good shooting though. :)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Skunks count as varmints. And they're not exactly endangered. We have flocks of them here. Which is interesting.

Go out at night... spot a shitload of them running across the field... there's always one albino one... Get that .22 up on your cheak...

Whooooooooo's it gonna be....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mr0w1 said:
Not that I'm going to label you an ass right off, but why were you shooting at a skunk?
As Overkill stated, skunks are varmints and need to be exterminated. I live in very rural SD, and it wouldn't be a good night without killing a few critters, mainly raccoons and skunks. So call me an ASS. Don't go hugging a tree now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
people around here shoot skunks, "*****," dogs, and anything else that terrorizes trash cans. i've got no love for the skunk.

:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
c22m22c said:
i've got no love for the skunk.

:)
Kinky...maybe
Waking up the next morning and trying to come up with an excue to your coworkers.....not worth it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts