Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an XD-40 Sub-Compact this weekend.

Went to the range with 100 rounds. Winchester 165 gr from WalMart. No problems whatsoever. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. My only complaint is the stiffness of the springs in the magazines. They were very difficult to load to full capacity.

Any other XD owners near Lansing, MI that want to go shooting!?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats! I'm not surprised to hear that you are enjoying your new xd and without any problems. As for mag spring stiffness, i'd suggest just leaving it fully loaded a couple of days. That should help some.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
nemesis_318 said:
I just purchased an XD-40 Sub-Compact this weekend.

Went to the range with 100 rounds. Winchester 165 gr from WalMart. No problems whatsoever. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. My only complaint is the stiffness of the springs in the magazines. They were very difficult to load to full capacity.

Any other XD owners near Lansing, MI that want to go shooting!?
Have any plans saturday the 15 of October?
www.sksc.org Has their uspsa match 20 buck for non members registration from9-11 about 2 hours to shoot thru. I will be there could meet at the Lowell park n ride if you want 8) Right off I-96.
I live half way between Grand Rapids and Lansing just off 96

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never been to an organized shooting event before. What is the event like? Do I bring my own ammo? How much? What types of shooting will I be doing? Etc?

I'll check my schedule and get back with you.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
nemesis_318 said:
I have never been to an organized shooting event before. What is the event like? Do I bring my own ammo? How much? What types of shooting will I be doing? Etc?

I'll check my schedule and get back with you.
Ear and eye protection.
outside of the waste band holster which covers the trigger
200+Rounds ammo.
Mag pouches at least 4 or 5 mags

I have extra pouches, mags,Holsters and can even sell you some reloads if you like. 8)

The shooting is action packed Steel silhouettes, man targets ,open doors shoot thru windows and moving.The will go easy on you as a beginner :wink:

Warning though very addictive :shock:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Also pick up a speedloader, I use the ADCO super thumb. It'll save your hands for shooting. ajames and old school have a few to choose from.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R/T Performance,

E-mail me if you are still going to the match on Saturday. I am definately interested in going and the schedule looks open as of now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a great forum! I picked up a lot of useful sugestions and information about the XD from this forum. Thank you for sharing your insites. I was already sold on the XD, this forum confirmed it.

Today I purchased a Black XD SC .40, and went to the range. No FTF, no problems at all. I am very pleased with the XD.

Jim...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Welcome avant juor, I think alot of new owners had lurked and or posted here before their xd purchase. I know I did, and couldn't be happier with my purchase. Enjoy and be safe!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts