Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep... another new owner. Pick it up later today or in the morning.

I had been going back and forth between the XD .40 Sub Compact and the XDm .40 for a while. The XDm is nearly impossible to find here in the Denver area at a reasonable price, especially in black. I found one today for $760 and had to pass on it for that type of mark up.

During my search I found the XD .40 Sub-Compact in my hometown gun shop at a fair price... and pulled the trigger so to speak. I will pick it up tomorrow or maybe even later today as I was told the Federal Check system could take 24 hours due to back log. Hopefully not that long, I have a CCW class tomorrow.

I will still be looking for an XDm but my carry weapon will be the SC... so I guess I am buying in the right order. XD first then XD(m) sometime in the next couple of months once the carry pricing and demand drops.

I plan to get a trigger job and maybe some night sites for the SC but that will be in a few months... for now the most important thing will be range time. I also see a CrossBreed IWB or or High Noon Split Decision IWB holster in my near future along with extra magazines (yep, I know... don't call them clips) and a few other items. I plan to use WWB FMJ .40 as my range load and Federal Tactical HST 165gr or 185gr as my carry.

Any other suggestions for a new SC owner? Last time I shot was in the military some 15 years ago with a standard issue Beretta 9mm but I managed to pull an expert qualification so hopefully getting my aim:breathe:squeeze:follow-thru back won't take to long.

Thanks in advance for the welcome and suggestions.

5280XD

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats! Go ahead and get the Crossbreed IWB...I have one for my service and it works great. I also carry Federal in 185 gr so those are a good choice too. Don't forget to send in your form for your two free mags from Springfield.

Chris

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have both the XD40sc and the XDm40. They are both awesome pistols. They shoot a bit differently, the triggers are somewhat different. I am amazed though how well I shoot the 3" barrel with the short mag. It is a very natural feeling gun.

I plan on carrying the SC and am looking for a holster too. Look around in the forum, there are lots of posts on holsters and a few highly recommended ones are available from the forum sponsers.

Welcome to the XD nation...

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
congrats on the new XD, and welcome to the family! The High Noon Split Decision is great if you want a tuckable holster (I have one myself); another great holster is the IWB from Tennessee Holsters (board sponsor). I have one of theirs for my service and my sc and love both of them.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
you will not be disapointed. The crosssbreed is an amazing holster, and the PRP trigger kit is amazing and easy to install.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new XD.40 SC, I've had mine for about a year along with my XD.45C. My SC is my main carry weapon during working hours and it works very well. I would recomend practicing at the range so you can get familiar with the snappy action of the gun, and oh yeah don't forget to post some pics, we just cant get enough of these weapons, LOL. :D
As for carrying either weapon, I've found that the 5.11 Tactical Holster undershirt works the best for me, just my $.02
Once again Welcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! Go ahead and get the Crossbreed IWB...I have one for my service and it works great. I also carry Federal in 185 gr so those are a good choice too. Don't forget to send in your form for your two free mags from Springfield.

Chris
I am looking very hard at the Crossbreed IWB.... seems to be very popular. It is high on my list. I also plan on sending the form in today for the magazines.... maybe they will make it here by Christmas :)

I have both the XD40sc and the XDm40. They are both awesome pistols. They shoot a bit differently, the triggers are somewhat different. I am amazed though how well I shoot the 3" barrel with the short mag. It is a very natural feeling gun.

I plan on carrying the SC and am looking for a holster too. Look around in the forum, there are lots of posts on holsters and a few highly recommended ones are available from the forum sponsers.

Welcome to the XD nation...
I hear great things about both. I am already planning on getting the XDm... I am on a wait list at the dealer I purchased the SC from.... hopefully the XDm's arrival time and my bank account line up. I am still amazed at what dealers were asking for those out here in Denver. Thanks for the welcome!

Congrats! I have an XD40SC as well and love it. I carry it everyday in a Crossbreed SuperTuck and it works very well. The SC is a smaller gun with some kick though. I recommend a Pearce grip extension on any 9 round mags you have. Also, be sure to check out http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general-hs2k-sa-xd-talk/30361-gripping-subcompact-step-step.html as it helped me a lot with griping my SC over my Service model.
Thanks for the info on Pearce and the grip link. Great information! Looks like another vote for the SuperTuck.

congrats on the new XD, and welcome to the family! The High Noon Split Decision is great if you want a tuckable holster (I have one myself); another great holster is the IWB from Tennessee Holsters (board sponsor). I have one of theirs for my service and my sc and love both of them.
Thanks! I'll have to take a look at Tennessee... not familiar with them yet. Who knows maybe one of each, right?

you will not be disapointed. The crosssbreed is an amazing holster, and the PRP trigger kit is amazing and easy to install.
One more for CrossBreed.... they must be good, everyone mentions them. PRP was one of the kits I was looking at... seems to be discussed a lot here.

congrats i can't wait for mine to get here.......dang.......
I can only imagine... good luck, hope it arrives soon.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new XD.40 SC, I've had mine for about a year along with my XD.45C. My SC is my main carry weapon during working hours and it works very well. I would recomend practicing at the range so you can get familiar with the snappy action of the gun, and oh yeah don't forget to post some pics, we just cant get enough of these weapons, LOL. :D
As for carrying either weapon, I've found that the 5.11 Tactical Holster undershirt works the best for me, just my $.02
Once again Welcome.
Thanks! I plan to spend a lot of time at the range getting familiar with the SC. I should be able to put my first round thru it this afternoon. Pictures... ahh yes, no worries, I'll get some of those up soon. I'll have to take a look at the 5.11. Not familiar with that one yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I stopped by the dealer on my way home from work last night and it was ready! I picked up 2 extra HC magazines and some snap caps. I still haven't had a chance to get the SC out and really explore it, busy night last night, but plan to today and I have my CCW class this afternoon as well which I will be taking the SC for. With the limited time I have held the SC I am amazed at how comfortable and natural it feels in my hands.... the excitement builds.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and welcome messages, what a great forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts