Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the latter part of Saturday - 10/8 out at Ben Avery with the wife shooting her .22LR plinker pistol while I tested out my new XD-40. Overall I am very impressed. 158 rounds through it so far with no issues. It was just starting to loosen up a bit and I was just getting used to the feel when the range closed up shop for the day. Trying to talk the wife into going back on Sunday late morning or early afternoon for some more noisy fun. :D

I fed it a 50 count box of Independence and a 100 count of WWB with no FTFeed FTFire or FTEjects at all so far (knock on wood). The other 8 were the leftovers from one of the 20 count boxes of Winchester SXT JHPs that are what I am planning on using as my defense loads. I was happy to see 0 issues so far with those. The mags are stiff as all get out but the speed loader I picked up with the gun helps enormously and hopefully they will ease off a bit with time and use.

Overall I wasn't quite sure what to expect as I had purchased the XD with no experience of the characteristics of the gun based on the recommendations of a friend over a Glock 23 .40 that I have had several firing sessions on. Said friend assured me that he would buy the XD off my hands if I didn't care for it. I called him tonight to tell him to f-off and go buy one himself if he wants one as he can't have mine... I am quite impressed with the feel and fit of the XD in my hand. It fires predictably every time and has very controllable recoil characteristics. My wife even sent a clip through it with no screaming about recoil (this is abnormal...). Now to work on my accuracy - I was able to get a whole clip on the paper but grouping is a bit out of the question at this time. Practice makes perfect, happy and also poor at 15$/100 rounds for WWB. Guess I won't be getting any new computer accessories in the forseeable future.

Really impressed with the gun so far and I can't wait to get back out the range to shoot it some more. It's a good thing there aren't any gun clubs near where I work or my lunch hour would be in serious jeopardy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Glad to hear you are happy with your XD. Your groups will get better with time and so will the trigger. The more you shoot it the slicker the trigger gets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts