Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Got my new XD .40 SC last monday, in OD Green - which matches my new AR-15! (ok damnit that sounded gay....but does it count since I was talking about guns?!)

I just checked the SA website and saw that the gun was supposed to come with a 9rnd and a 12 rnd extension magazine. The problem is I got a 9 rnd and a 10 rnd extension magazine? If I contact SA do you think they would send me the 12 rnd extension? I am going to send in the free mag redemption tomorrow, does any one know what type of mags will be sent? I am thinking it will be the same as the website says - the 9 and 12 round?

Thanks for the help!

-Moose

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think the magazine issue depends on the state...if hi-cap mags are legal in your state that's what you should get.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in south NJ and we are allowed 15 round mags, so that shouldn't be the issue, but I could see how that would be a concern for some states. Maybe they are just extra careful and only send the 10 round mags here. I sent SA an email to ask them, and I'll let you all know when I get the reply.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Who knows, it could have been sold into a different state originally, the traded/sold between dealers. I wonder if they could tell you from the serial number.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hopefully SA will shed some light on it, and hopefully I get a new mag free! *crossed fingers* I'm not holding my breath though....

Another question, and feel free to tell me to search, as I haven't. Does the slide get easier to pull back once it gets used a bit? This thing takes a darn good grip and a hard pull to get it ready to go.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Does the slide get easier to pull back once it gets used a bit? This thing takes a darn good grip and a hard pull to get it ready to go.
I hope so(only a hundred rounds through it so far)... Although, I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have one on order and the dealer starting reading everything about it to me ...i told him that was the wrong clip size he said, wait a Minute i see the one you want is the "HI CAP model" maybe different part number for HI CAP????????? just a thought..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congratulations om your new weapon, as far as the slide goes I don't really know if the one on my SC got easier with use or if I just got used to it, but its not bad at all.
On the Issue of the magazine capacity, mine came with the 12 round mag. But then again I live in Florida so ho knows, keep us posted regarding what SA tells you, now go to the range and shoot that thing...8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Moose... congrats on the new SC! I just picked mine up last night.... I feel your excitement. Plenty of range time planned for me this weekend!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the encouragement guys, I'll be going to the range later today with my honorary free shooting time from the gun store I bought it at. My trigger finger has been itching to shoot it since I picked it up! How many rounds before these usually get broken in?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got back from the range, it went very well. I shot 100 rounds and counted an estimated 98 rounds on the target. I had to estimate since I shot the center out of the center of the silhouette! I am very please with this gun, and so is my soon to be brother in law, who doesn't shoot pistols hardly ever, and also did well with it. I think he had 88 hits on the target, which isn't bad for a beginner.

We did encounter a problem though - and I think its just the gun being broken in, but this is what happened. After a few rounds out of the mags, the slide locked back while the mag still had rounds in it. Hit the slide release and all was good. Shot about 30 more rounds out of it and it did this again, this time while my buddy was shooting it. Again, hitting the slide release and we were shooting again. After that, the gun was flawless. This happened both times in the first 100 rounds. The next 100 were fine.

Very impressed with this gun, but need to get the pierce grip extension. Hopefully the gun shop will get my order in soon!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
watch how you hold the gun. your thunb probly bummed the slid lock lever. It happens with new to XD owners. just keep your thumbs down.
I get my xd.40sc in 2 weeks

·
Registered
11 Posts
moose - I had the same problem when I purchased mine about a year ago. Turned out they sent me the sub 40 mag and a servcie size 9mm mag. Took it back to the dealer and they were more than happy to exchange for the correct magazine. It may be your easiest route, or at least its worth a try. Good luck and hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The full target:

And here is a close up of the chest (it was awesome seeing the center get shot out!):

And a close up of the head:

Here are some pics of the gun with my recently completed and matching Del-Ton 16" CAR kit, with Del-Ton lower in OD Green furniture:

And this is the same but with my first hand gun, the Beretta 92FS:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK guys, got my reply from SA:

Hello Andrew,
Your firearm may have been packaged for a state that has a 10 round max capacity law, I apologize for the inconvenience but that is how that pistol had to be packaged. You are welcome to order the higher capacity mags from us by visiting us on the web or by calling the number below between 8:30am and 4:30pm central time.

Thank you and have a great day!
Penne, Ext 8972
1-800-680-6866
Springfield Armory
Customer Service

So basically I'm stuck with the 10rnd extended mag.....:mad: Oh well, I sent a reply back to this message asking if I will be getting the 10 round extended mag with the free mag offer or if it will come with the standard 12 round mag.....hopefully I'll get atleast one 12 round mag without having to pay for it. :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts