Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my xd sc to the range for the first time on Sat. Also took my beloved Rami as comparison. Imagine my surprise when I shot my first ever 40sw better than my 8 month and 1500 round Rami 9mm! :shock: I will admit to being a long-time 1911 shooter, so I expected to be comfortable with the grip angle etc. on the XD. I just didn't expect to shoot it better than the 9mm. My first mag through the Rami and I was in love. Same with the XD. It was only a marginal victory....178/200 vs 174/200 from 10 yds about as fast as I could control front sight. I shot even better with the extended mag and spacer I got in the "package deal", but felt using it as scoring comparo was unfair to Rami. I'm no marksman, but I was very impressed with controlability of XD. It now sits at the range as the 'smith there installs the XS sights I picked up. We will see if combat accuracy remains with them. I still find the Rami a bit more concealable, but it's a beautiful choice on which to pick-up every morning on the way out the door! The XD is a winner. :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts