Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my XD .40.. great deal, came with a paddle holster and 3 hi cap mags. I am a HUGE glock fan, but I will admit, this thing felt a hell of alot better than any glock Ive ever had. Here is my questions..

1) How easy is this firearm to take apart? Easy to clean/lube?
(loved glock for its simplicity)
2) What kind of ammo works best with this firearm?
3) Suggestions on a good ccw holster?

·
Registered
212 Posts
1. Its super easy to take apart. My 12 year old can do it.

2. I've shot all kinds of ammo through it. Never had one single failure.

3. This one is the tricky one. Everybody is different. My suggestion is to get the gun shop to let you try different ones. You have to find the one that your most comfortable with. I've gone through several holsters to find the one I'm comfortable with.

You made a great purchase though.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yea. What he said.

1. Easy to field strip and clean.
2. Winchester White Box from Walmart, CCI Blazer from Academy Sports, and others work fine.
3. To each his own.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the Cult!
1. Very easy to clean.
2. My gun eats Winchester white box, Speer gold dots, and even cheap Wolf. (Though some have posted problems with the wolf here.) The general consensus here on the boards seems to be that if you find a brand of ammo that your gun doesnt like, then dont use it.
3. Dont have my CCW yet. :cry:

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Congrats! I too was a longtime Glock 22 shooter, that traded away a Glock 22 that I had shot for 8 years for my XD-40 and have NOT regretted the trade one bit!

1) it is incredibly easy to field strip.

2) Like the Glock..mine eats everything I throw in it, but I regularly shoot Winchester White Box and Blazer Brass for practice and carry Hydra Shoks for protection.

3) I have a Bianchi that I hate but am looking at Tucker and Bob Mernickle for a good leather holster. I have a Tucker for my Hi-Power and 1911s and love them.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
92 Posts
1.like was said before SUPER easy to strip and clean

2.mine loves american eagle, but Ive fired rem. umc and fiocci(sp) and no problems with any of them..

3. good luck.. different strokes for different folks...

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Welcome
the only trick to disassmble is you have to dry fire to get the slide off
I personaly am scared of wolf [steel casings] my local indoor range doesn't allow them like the others say try anything if they don't feed or eject don't buy any more
browse some of the forums you find all kinds of differnt holster
personally my service model lives in a galco fletch hi rideowb :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
welcome to the group bro
im sure the more ya handle your new weapon the more you will like it
i initially went into the store for a new glock....it was nice yeah, but didnt completely like the way it felt, and the huge price tag didnt help either
i started to leave when the clerk says "hey check this out"
i use a hume open top holster or a fobus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts