Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Xd-40 @ gun show and have put a couple hundred rds through so far. I am happy w/ it, but always looking to improve. I was grouping good but consistantly right . I am a pretty sure its the longer heavier pull of this trigger. What are the recommended mods to start w/. Looking at the rod and spring, but not real sure of what I will gain. Is trigger a good start or other things? Also I already started getting surface rust on slide. It wipes off easy, but I can see it will be a ongoing thing here in humid FL. Any recommendations of controlling this? BTW this gun is HD, truck gun and some carry. Not target pistol, but still want some "bragging" accuracy when i shoot w/ my buddies. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
533 Posts
this is the way I went with my first xd.
1. nite sights adn rod and spring kit
2. trigger job, go with rich at C.C.
after about 1500rounds, get to know your gun before you get a lightend trigger on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What exactly does the rod and spring kit do? I am more used to revolvers and my Buckmark. Sorry for the ignorance.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
mod #1. learn proper sight alignment
mod #2. learn proper triger control
mod #3. learn your body's natrual point of aim
mod #4. shoot the **** out of it
mod #5. "upgrade" as things break

:D not trying to be a smartass, just trying to be straitforward. most people "mod" thier gun without even learning how to shoot it properly, and that puts them farther back when they DO decide to learn how to shoot properly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok fair enough. Please understand though, I am not going through learning how to shoot. This gun yes, but I have countless of thousands of rds. since I was young. I am accually inquiring b /c I was looking to reduce recoil for my wife (and I wouldn't mind it also). I want her to feel comfortable w/ this gun also. Right now she doesn't. Am I on the right track here? Thanks for responding BTW. No need to tippi toe around me. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts