Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips before I head to the range? Thanks.

It was a decison between the Glock 23 and the XD. Hope I chose wisely.
All the talk about the subpar finish does have me a lttle concerned though. What is the turnaround time on the factory finish upgrade? Do they charge to have this done?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You have chosen wisely, my son. I advise purchasing an insane amount of WWB target ammo and shooting the hell out of your pistol. Clean and repeat as necessary.

EnjOy!! 8)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of Norway said:
You have chosen wisely, my son. I advise purchasing an insane amount of WWB target ammo and shooting the hell out of your pistol. Clean and repeat as necessary.

EnjOy!! 8)
LOL. "My son?" You mean I am actually younger than someone here! Thanks.

'Just came back WalMart and what do you think I bought? Yep, two boxes of WW's finest. Now sooth my senses on this finish/rust debate. Should I lose sleep over it?

·
Registered
527 Posts
kraigster414 said:
'Just came back WalMart and what do you think I bought? Yep, two boxes of WW's finest. Now sooth my senses on this finish/rust debate. Should I lose sleep over it?
I still belive that the "rust isue" is exaggerated. Two minutes of prevention every so often (for me, about twice a month) and it will be fine. Many people here use Armadillo (I'm picking some up today), usually though I just wipe TetraGun on my slide, let it sit for a minute and wipe off. Good purchase. Oh yeah, welcome.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ken_mays said:
When you start having feed ramp jams, come back here and we will point you in the right direction.
WHAT??!!

Now that gives me the warm fuzzies.

Where do I get this Armadillo stuff? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I have never had an FTF problem with my XD. If it happens to yours, it is usually corrected easily by "keep shootin' until it breaks in" or a nice polish on the feed ramp. I have also read where some folks attribute the FTF to mag problems, more so with hi-caps.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Son of Norway said:
I have never had an FTF problem with my XD. If it happens to yours, it is usually corrected easily by "keep shootin' until it breaks in" or a nice polish on the feed ramp. I have also read where some folks attribute the FTF to mag problems, more so with hi-caps.
I was going to ask you about polishing the feed ramp, throat and chamber as I do this on most of my guns - Dremel, polishing compound and felt tip. Glocks don't seem to require it at least you never read on the boards folks doing it or recomending but you are saying that it may be a good idea on the XD huh?

Thanks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
kraigster414 said:
ken_mays said:
When you start having feed ramp jams, come back here and we will point you in the right direction.
WHAT??!!

Now that gives me the warm fuzzies.
Oh, sorry... I meant "IF" you have feed ramp jams.

The odds are you won't, but then the odds are a lot worse than they were a couple years ago. I see a lot of posts about "My new XD40 FTF's" these days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
kraigster... where did you get your OD from?

I ordered mine in the beginning of December and SA is still waiting to get some shipped from Croatia. I finally got a hold of SA about it today and they said that they have them just in and now I have to wait for them to ship them the dealer that I bought the gun from www.budsgunshop.com and then they are gonna ship it to my FFL. But then again I talked to my local FFL and he said that it is going to be a while to see an OD Green xd-40... Main I dont know who to beleive but I just want my gun :evil: LOL!!!

But please on Monday let me know how it looks and how it fires.. *sigh* since I dont have mine yet to fire or look at!!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mwatson69 said:
kraigster... where did you get your OD from?

I ordered mine in the beginning of December and SA is still waiting to get some shipped from Croatia. I finally got a hold of SA about it today and they said that they have them just in and now I have to wait for them to ship them the dealer that I bought the gun from www.budsgunshop.com and then they are gonna ship it to my FFL. But then again I talked to my local FFL and he said that it is going to be a while to see an OD Green xd-40... Main I dont know who to beleive but I just want my gun :evil: LOL!!!

But please on Monday let me know how it looks and how it fires.. *sigh* since I dont have mine yet to fire or look at!!!

Gun stores order their guns from distributers not from the factory. My suggestion is that you check with another shop to see if they can get you an OD green now. I ordered mine yesterday and it wll be in on Sunday so they are out there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
this particular gunstore gets their guns straight from SA. I have thought about going somewhere else but buds gun shop is throwing in some free stuff for me having to wait soo long.. Free mags and speed loader.. Gotta think about it more..

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Different retailers use different distributors and I suspect depending on amount of products moved, some have more of an "in" with the factory than others in terms of allocation. I guess it all depends on how fast you want the gun. There is no harm in checking around. Your call. I'll let you know when I get mine and how it shoots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts