Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my XD out of Jail. would like to know what it needs out of the box - I have taken it apart and everything looks good.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Welcome aboard from another new member.
Is there something about your XD that you don't like? Try cycling it a couple hundred times, preferably with live ammo. For me (and just about everyone else) the trigger is a low point. I'd also like a set of night sights. I'm not much into decorating my guns, but I've seen some pretty cool custom finishes on XDs that have my attention.

I wouldn't attempt to "fix" anything that's not broken or otherwise unacceptable. Usually one of my first moves with a new gun is to replace ALL the roll pins with appropriate solid pins. I also like to replace hammers and grips, but none of those things are issues on an XDm. Instead of throwing parts at it right out of the box spend yer dough on ammo and range time. Live fire and familiarity with the piece are are worth a lot more than any racy accessories imo. Sorry, that's probably not the answer you were looking for, but that's my $.02.

Again, welcome aboard! Lots of good info to be found here. :lol:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Welcome aboard from another new member.
Is there something about your XD that you don't like? Try cycling it a couple hundred times, preferably with live ammo. For me (and just about everyone else) the trigger is a low point. I'd also like a set of night sights. I'm not much into decorating my guns, but I've seen some pretty cool custom finishes on XDs that have my attention.

I wouldn't attempt to "fix" anything that's not broken or otherwise unacceptable. Usually one of my first moves with a new gun is to replace ALL the roll pins with appropriate solid pins. I also like to replace hammers and grips, but none of those things are issues on an XDm. Instead of throwing parts at it right out of the box spend yer dough on ammo and range time. Live fire and familiarity with the piece are are worth a lot more than any racy accessories imo. Sorry, that's probably not the answer you were looking for, but that's my $.02.

Again, welcome aboard! Lots of good info to be found here. :lol:
Do this ^
Solid advice. Then decide what you want/need and go from there. Obviously this will vary depending on what your intended use for the pistol is. My 3.8 got trijicon night sights and prp drop in trigger. My 5.25 got the prp ultimate match trigger and a ton of mags. My xd9 didn't get anything, as it was just a plinker pistol/truck gun before I sold it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
And welcome to the forum from Az.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Congrats! And welcome to the Forum from Texas! :p

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome. I have a XD40 and love mine out of the box. I shoot it exactly how I want. I have no issues with it at all. I run Winchester White box or Federal through it. Only thing I would maybe ever add is a laser.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The function and trigger on a new XD continuously improves over the first 8oo rounds or so and so will you. I'd wait until then to do any modifications. Then if there is something you don't like, consider your options.

·
Super Moderator
46,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts