Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this one last August. Less than a year turn around is pretty impressive from Wilson these days. Went with a CQB, since they come with all the BP parts these day anyway and knew I was gonna order it to my specs anyway.

Specs:
Wilson Combat CQB
5" CQB:
*black AT finish
* short solid black trigger
*fluted bull barrel (with fluted hood)
*flush cut/reverse crown
*countersunk slide stop
*carry cuts(obviously no FCS)
*single side safety
*naked slide with Wilson logos on both sides behind rear cocking serrations
*u-notch rear with tritium front
*Cocobolo Starburst grips
*round butt

Pics...;)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Love the grips. I've seriously considered ordering a pair for my X-Tac. Wilson's are so nice. Looks good Joe.

·
Registered
490 Posts
that is an absolutely gorgeous Wilson, reverse crown looks amazing and fluted bull barrel is too damn sweet. congrats bud!!!!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. :D I still need to get it home yet, as well as the ULC that's almost ready to come home soon from George's. Been spending all my gun/fun money lately on rifle and revolver kick, as well as tricking out my new truck. Too many hobbies. Never enough time...or money. :lol: I'm just Glad George has his cool layaway. He should be emailing soon saying that a RRA LAR-8 Elite Operator is ready too. And Chuck Rogers has a little something we've been working up for a couple of years that hopefully won't be ready until I get these three home. ;)

Here's the ULC that's been waiting to come home, that's spec'd fairly similar. :)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Lol poor Joe. I bet you aren't married and have no kids. I know that prevents me from mass Wilson collection. Even had to sell my Corvette and now I sport a mini van lol. Oh God what happened to my life O.O

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol poor Joe. I bet you aren't married and have no kids. I know that prevents me from mass Wilson collection. Even had to sell my Corvette and now I sport a mini van lol. Oh God what happened to my life O.O
Been married. My money was OUR money, while her money was HER money.... Booted that ass to the curb. ;) And no, no kids here. My girlfriend/future wife, has a GREAT kid, who might as well already be my daughter. She's so much like me that it scares her Mom. :lol: And...she loves guns and shooting. ;)

·
Banned
0 Posts
I got you beat, I went from a from a GTO to a ZR1 to a Chevy Sonic. Now back to drooling over Joe's 1911s

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Can I have your life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, that's one fine 1911. It's a sleeper gun, looks fairly common from a distance but once you examine it closely the high quality and beauty shines.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I'm always envious of your 1911 collection ;)

And your PAIR (2!) of 30s's. :lol:

I got you beat, I went from a from a GTO to a ZR1 to a Chevy Sonic. Now back to drooling over Joe's 1911s
My wife has an '05 GTO. Love that car. I have had fun outrunning a few GT's around here, but was on the receiving end when I tried to beat a new M5 off the line. It was ugly. Ug-ly. :lol:

·
Banned
0 Posts

My wife has an '05 GTO. Love that car. I have had fun outrunning a few GT's around here, but was on the receiving end when I tried to beat a new M5 off the line. It was ugly. Ug-ly. :lol:
I really loved my 06 GTO. It was so comfortable. It was a heavy car and did seem slow compared to my ZR1 but then again most cars would. Driving a sonic leaves me more money for guns.:roll:

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks. :smile: The G30S is my go to carry gun these days. I used to carry 1911's a lot more, especially the Commanders, especially the bobtailed one's and CCO's with aluminum frames. The fullsize 1911's can be CC'd quite easily with the right belt and holster setup, but when I can have 11 rounds of .45 on my hip that hides as easily and weighs on par with my G26 or 27, it's hard to not grab it. ;)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Beautiful guns Joe. I look forward to a group shot one of these days of the 1911 family.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I've been trying to get him to climb on the roof and do that for a while now.

I'm always torn on hi power cuts on a 1911. They don't look bad and help with bolstering but I dunno...

They still look way better than front serrations though.

I need a custom government with French borders and a rich, deep blue. And ivory grips. Probably gonna need a new job first though!

I need to shoot a Wilson again, it's been 15 years since I was lucky enough to get my hands on one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts