Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the first one in town.

Installed the small backstrap and it fits like a glove. Factory stippling, while not as good as the feel you get from one of the smiths that does that kind of stuff, is probably the best I've felt from a factory yet. Trigger feels very much like the XD/Glock which i rather expected seeing as it is another striker fired model. Pull feels to be around 5 lb but i don't have a trigger pull gage to check it. The reset on it however is incredible. They advertise less than .100" and I believe it. It's also a very noticeable reset, and would probably even be noticeable in combat.

To quell some of the fears about a rumor that's been running around about them. Doing a press check will not decock the pistol. I don't know who the knucklehead was that started that rumor, but it's just simply not true. It will not fire if it's been pushed out of battery though which is just like the xd/glock.

Sights are standard 3dot like the P99. As far as mags to, unlike every other Walther offering, this gun came with TWO 15rd mags, not just one. Currently I can't find any PPQ specific mag listings though there is supposed to be a 17 rd mag available. I was told by a Walther rep that it is supposed to accept P99 mags. I do not have a P99 to check this, but if someone in the Dayton Ohio area has one and wouldn't mind letting me borrow one or meet up for some plinking at one of the local ranges, I'd be happy to confirm this.

Stock Picture... Will take a pic or two later this week.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was late to the party and just found out about the PPQ a few days ago. A striker fired rip-off of the H&K P30 with a few hundred bucks shaved off? As long as it turns out to be a quality firearm and not like some of their current offerings which could have been made better then you can count me in!

I have really high hopes for this pistol. As such I have really high hopes for yours. Tell it not to let us down!;)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I was late to the party and just found out about the PPQ a few days ago. A striker fired rip-off of the H&K P30 with a few hundred bucks shaved off? As long as it turns out to be a quality firearm and not like some of their current offerings which could have been made better then you can count me in!
How is it a rip off of a P30.

Hell, Walther was the very first gun with replaceable back straps. Is EVERY polymer gun after that a rip off (if they have replaceable back straps)...

HK was the first polymer commercial handgun. Is Glock and everything else after a rip off of that HK.

This is just silly talk.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How is it a rip off of a P30.

Hell, Walther was the very first gun with replaceable back straps. Is EVERY polymer gun after that a rip off (if they have replaceable back straps)...

HK was the first polymer commercial handgun. Is Glock and everything else after a rip off of that HK.

This is just silly talk.
I ment that to be complementary shipwreck. Almost every visit I take to the LGS involves at least 10 minutes either staring at or fondling a P30. The guys there have gotten to the point to where they just ask "when are you going to buy the damned thing". The grip on the PPQ looks ALOT like the P30 which happens to be my favorite feature of the gun. If the PPQ is everything it's cracked up to be (great trigger, comfortable grip, etc.) then they can engrave "stiker fired P30 wannabe" on the slide and I'll still want it. Imitation, after all, is the sincerest form of flattery.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Actually the Walther P99 was around for years before the HK P30, so H&K were the ones that copied Walther. The PPQ is the newest version of the P99.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
It definitely looks nice and probably shoots great. I've slowed my gun purchases to two a year (based on a fiscal year) otherwise it would be on my short list. I've actually done my two purchases for the year which were a Beretta compact for the first half and one of the limited edition Talo Glock 19s for the second. I'd like to add either an Arsenal AK-47 or a Savage 10FCP-K as the Christmas item. I'd get more use from a PPQ, though. Decisions, decisions . . .

I'd definitely like to know how it performs so keep us posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts