Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks! I'm new here though I've been around gun forums for just over a year now.
I've just purchased a XD9 Tactical and it should be here by the end of the week. Other than an extra HiCap or two and 9mm gear for my Otis kit... is there anything else I should procur to prepare for my bouncing bundle of joy?

And yes, ammo's already on the list. :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, let me clarify myself.

Suggested gadgetry, accessories or widgets that are impossible to live with out, excluding gadgetry, accessories or widgets that go BANG! without first being loaded into the afore mentioned XD9 Tactical. 8)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most guys here swear by Don's Guide rod, I'm a big fan of tac lights if you're going to be using it for home protection. Oh yeah, and some Tritium night sights or some fiber optics might be in the bag O' goodies.

But you should definitely get a shark with a frickin laser attached to its head.

:D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sights get my vote :D .
I have changed them on two of the four XDs I have, and when they get some TRUGLO TFOs in at Pistol Gear I will put them on one, and the fourth one will just sit there untill I get up the nurve to chop the frame.
I put Dawson Adjustable Fiber opitics on one, and Dawson Adjustable night sights on the other, and the TFOs will go on the Sub-Compact.
Oh yeah, you might want to look for a holster, and mag pouch too.
And even more ammo wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
539 Posts
+1 on the Don's Guide Rod.

If you want to get a tac light... i like my x200 alot. Its bright as hell.
And if thats not convincing enough for you... you should check out there magazine ad picturing it mounted to an XD and using it to pound nails into a 2x4.

i like to use my qd laser for focussing on trigger control when at the range. I think its a good tool for that purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts