Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to purchase a new free floatin 14.5 upper for my son. I like the Loki upper for a little over 500 bucks. Can anyone point me in a better direction?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Loki Weapon Systems makes a great product I'd stick with them.
I just got my 14.5" upper from them a few weeks ago and I'm extremely happy with it. Also Erik and Aaron are very good people!
I was shopping for something new and different. I wanted to use my spare rail (Troy TRX standard Battlerail) and a muzzle device of my choice the Vltor VC-1 (Gemtech Halo suppressor mountable). I contacted Erik at Loki and he told me it would be no problem and adjusted the price accordingly being I was providing the rail and muzzle device. Erik stayed in contact with me constantly while answering any and all questions I had. Aaron did a really nice job assemblying/building the upper for me. I hit a snag at one point because I wasn't sure if I wanted an A2 front sight or a low pro gas block. He suggested the YHM gas block with front flip up sight for a little bit more money. I agreed and it ended up being one of the best decisions of the build.
Here are some pics so you can see the kinda craftmanship your looking at getting.

Final look...

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
OP,

Just remember that if you get a barrel less than 16 inches long that you'll have to permanently pin and weld (or silver solder) a flash hider long enough to bring it to 16 inches, or you could get into trouble for having an unregistered SBR if you don't have the paperwork for the lower.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Those look very nice.

I'll give a link for comparison. This is not to say that the Loki isn't a great deal, it looks great. I don't have any personal experience with Loki.

AR Complete Uppers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts